which oil?

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
ok car is gettin fixed the morra (x-member) and MOT@d on friday, wanna do a oil change n wanna no what oil is the best and what should i use(the numbers) also, as its goin for mot, what should i chech prior to it going?

A good oil to use in the Micra is Castrol Magnatec 5W-30. You can buy it Halfords

If your car is going for it's MOT you could make sure some of the basics are ok.

Check all lights are working correctly.
Check washer bottle is full and washers and wipers are working with not split rubbers on the wiper blades. Check windscreen for chips and cracks.
check all seat belts clip in and there are not cuts or fraying of the belts.
check Tyre pressures and tread depths.
make sure you have the correct fuel filler cap.
Any more than this and you are getting into servicing the car yourself.

I hope it helps?

im sure it says in the back of the owners manual what the difference is between grades, its something like 5w30 has a higher and lower working temperature

Oil thins when heated and thickens when cooled. Choosing the proper viscosity grade for the ambient temperature of your geographic location is therefore vitally important.
A monograde is an oil whose viscosity is defined at only one temperature, either high or low. A multigrade must meet both high and low temperature viscosity requirements simultaneously.

This makes multigrades an easy and popular year-round choice for drivers who experience hot summers and harsh winters. Multigrades are easily recognized by the dual viscosity designation (i.e. 10W-30 where the 10W is the low temperature or winter designation and the 30 is the high temperature designation). It is the viscosity modifier additive that produces a thickening effect at high temperatures but is dormant at low temperatures.

Back