Which Oil Engine?

CMF_waris07

» CMF Member
Hello.

I´m from Dominican Republic, in the Caribbean the weather here is very HOT, my question is this.

Which oil engine should i use, on my Nissan March 4WD ANK11?

and what is the oil engine filter to use, numbers, model?

Thanks!!!

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Ok semi synthetic is the best to use IMO. Fully synthetic is a wast of money unless you have used it from new.
I use a 5w-40 grade oil and it suits the engine well. When reading the grade the first number eg 5w is the winter grade and the lower the better really. Some people who dont know about oils will say 5w is to thin but they do not understand how the grades work. a 5w oil will get up to pressure and start protecting the engine a lot faster than a 10w oil the 2nd part of the grading says what grade the oil is at normal operating temps. If you live in a cold climate then you dont need a grade above 30 but in a real hot climate you want the grade to be between 30 and 40. the micra needs a thin grade at start up and the stock oil for micras a 7w-30 I think. You can now buy 0w-30 and 0w-40 grade oils but there overkill for the micra. I would look for a good oil brand with a 5w-30 or 5w-40 grading. a 10w-40 or 10w-50 grade is also ok but do not use a grade higher than a 10w.
this is the oil I use.
http://www.penrite.com.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?id=99&nav_cat_id=127&nav_top_id=55

smidge

» CMF Member
would you not need an independent rear end to cope with the 4wd system?

stick up some pics of your car mate!! we'd love to see it

(get some pics of underneath as well ;)

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Yeah I'd be quite keen to see it too actually... i've always imagined it as just a solid live axle but independent rear would be so much cooler (and more expensive!). Were the 4WD ones available in CVT only or was manual an option too? If the transmission failed, just turn the motor around, somehow magically find a gearbox to suit, use the existing propshaft and make it just RWD! :D

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
do what the subie boys do, fit a centre that sends all the drive to the rear

i reckon you'd blow something up quick smart and it would handle like a bucket of shizer..

still wanna see one!

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeah sorry... hah i dont realy have an answer to your question.. more interested in the car.... is it still a 1.3?? i wouldnt expect a 1.3 to be able to cope with a 4wd clutch and gearbox.... wouldnt it drain too much of the power?

and secondly.. how can i get my hands on one of these??? is it possible to convert a normal fwd with the 4dw shafts to 4wd??

tris

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Tris your best bet would be to try and import a whole one in from japan or possibly NZ if you're lucky... Would it really be worth it? You'd probably want to either turbo the car which would put stress on a potentially weak drivetrain, or ditch the CG for a different motor. That would probably require some serious fabrication (forgetting what you'd do with the gearbox even)...

---dens

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
mmmm..... too hard basket... i think ill make do with what ive got haha but.. i would love to have one... something along the lines of that v6 4wd one in the vids on this site would be my dream!!

Back