Which d2 coilovers

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
I sold my old k11 and just bought a 98 1.3 gx. It has 14'' wheels and tyres as standard and im going to order alloys soon and d2 coilovers. ive heard there is 2 types of d2 coilovers, which has lowest front and rear drop cause i hope to get 4x100 alloys and the width is 7.0 and hope to put 185/50/r14 tyres on. will i get rubbing and how low can i get the arch to the tyre. Finally where sells d2's. Nowere in rep of ireland does anything for micra's. went up north for my new micra. will put u pics of it tomorrow. Any help would be great

think there both the same...just spring rates are diffrent (stiffer etc) just the ride quilty and what not is diffrent i presumme..there both said not to be used for street use. the racespec ones imo are too stiff and are a harsh ride, ive only ever been in a micra with the race spec ones...so i dont know what the road spec ones are like.

Thanks for the info.........im using this car as a track car in a few months but is also gonna be road legal so im trying to get the best of both worlds

the road spec ones should do for both (as said both say they shouldnt be used for road use, and i know the race spec ones are really stiff and kill your back over bumps etc) there both about the same price, i think the race spec ones are harder to get hold of aswell. craig now has ians (raceworx's) old d2 coilovers.

are spax coilovers good, here's 2 pics. what drop will they go does anyone know

DSC012511.jpg

DSC012621.jpg

to fit those, (tarmac and gravel rally spec sets) you will need to seam weld the rear turrets (strut tops) and possibly fit a brace in there as well as the weigt of the car wasnt designed to be taken on the shock mounts as these kits allow.

good kit tho, im saving up for the kit on fleabay as my bilsteins are fubard.

dont really want to get ito welding and stuff. Would i still have to weld with d2's. Also came accros ksport coilovers for 525

you wouldnt have to weld anything as far as iam aware, no one else who had coilovers on a micra has had to weld. the weight sits on the springs not on the shocks...there only gonna be the same as uparted springs and shocks just that coilovers are height ajustiable...but if your going over 35mm you need a stronger panhard rod.

I think what Ant is referring to is the Spax kit - the coil goes over the damper on that one, unlike D2 - where the coil and damper are separate (as per OEM)
Craig

The lower picture, I believe is, the upper picture *looks* to be the sae set up as OEM

I'm sure Matt could explain the kit best, though.

Craig

but if your going over 35mm you need a stronger panhard rod.

you need an adjustable panhard rod! and ideally you need one just for lowering, not just for over 35mm. the standard item is set for standard ride height. the axle still moves over to the right if you lower it 5mm, 35mm or 45mm
i think for the last pic of the spax ones, the axle would also need strenghening aswell as the body, the damper fixing points on the axle arn't very strong.

bleeeeding expensive.

these companies will supply k11 coilovers and are excelent quality adjustment and handling.

Gheko (uk based, excelent coilovers)
Daiyama (japanese based, uk sold)
HKS (japanese sold)
Apexi (japanese sold)
D1 (not sold anymore)
K-sport (replacement for D1 uk sold)
Spax (various kits available, Humphris of oxford)
Tein (no longer available new, but japanese second hand are available)

lots more too i cant remember right now..

but by far the cheapest are the Gheko ones and they are designed and made to your specifications. they are slightly softer than the K-sport racing ones but the damping is better for road use.

still about £400..

Hi

I have the SPAX Full coil over kit used for testing on our road demo Micra for sale. Normal price £699.00 + vat.
This kit has had little use and is £550.00 delivered
Anyone interested give me a ring 01865 748000
Matthew

I could also make up a conventional kit if you did not want the rear coil overs. The SPAX kits offer good valve for money, made in the UK and I, m always contactable on the phone.

Hi Matthew, this is Hung(k11march)from Taiwan and i'm really interested in the coilover kit you are posting here. I am wondering if this kit if for Micra K11, and if there are any possibilities to ship to Taiwan?Thanks!

Back