What exhaust to get?

joshbl

Site Supporter
I'm in need of a new exhaust as my original one is on it's way out. But instead of just buying a new standard one (middle and rear sections), I was thinking about getting one that would make it sound a tad fruitier. Not like cherry bomb loud but a little growl if you get my drift (Y)
Any suggestions?

hi joshbl. i would go for a ashley competition exhaust i have one on and it isn't loud at all just gives it the little broom noise its also a direct fit.

ashley..jpg

If you want a little Gerrr and with little cost just take the silancer out and have it replaced with strate pipe, these back boxes don't do much in the way of sound ad there ment to be used with the rest of the designed system if you want summing flash just remove the tail pipe on the standard box and weld a bigger flash crome one on. All this isn't going to cost more than £15 and will sound and look nice

If you want a little Gerrr and with little cost just take the silancer out and have it replaced with strate pipe, these back boxes don't do much in the way of sound ad there ment to be used with the rest of the designed system if you want summing flash just remove the tail pipe on the standard box and weld a bigger flash crome one on. All this isn't going to cost more than £15 and will sound and look nice

definatly worth a go for me at least

I had a Janspeed on mine great little grrr noise, But the only problem with them the rot within a couple of years, With them been mild steel.. all the salt on the roads!!
I decieded after that one i wouldnt get another one.. I had one custom made best thing i ever did, was made from AAS in the Northeast.

the 1st cat exit is 39mm inside dia, then it drops to 34mm at the downpipe then drops further to 31mm where it joins the 2nd cat (due to a reinforcing collar inside the flange)
the rest of the system varies from 31mm bore to 35mm depending on make/brand
so the downpipe is very restrictive imo (where the gasses are still hot and expanded)

I had a Janspeed on mine great little grrr noise, But the only problem with them the rot within a couple of years, With them been mild steel.. all the salt on the roads!!
I decieded after that one i wouldnt get another one.. I had one custom made best thing i ever did, was made from AAS in the Northeast.

aye cant fault AAS spot on group of lads. Not that, that info from me helps you at all joshbl lol...however most systems will improve on the stock stuff...so maybe dare i say it match the look you want first. :eek:

I'm not really fussed how it looks. Wouldn't mind it looking standard, just want a little growl instead of the mundane rumble. Not looking for excessive spending or noise levels though.

Back