exhaust help needed PLEASEEEEE

g2oo8

Club Member (Trial)
RIGHT AM GETTING A NEW EXHAUST :D
BUT AM NOT SURE WHICH TO GET
I WANT SOMETHINK WHICH IS NOT 2 LOUD BUT SOUNDS LOVLEY WHEN PUT MY FOOT DOWN LOL
CHOCIES ARE :

ASHLEY BACK BOX £98.00
JANSPEED BACK BOX £125.00
ASHLEY EXHUAST SYSTEM £138.00 (rally)
ASHLEY EXHUAST SYSTEM £145.00
JANSPEED EXHAUST SYSTEM £186

IF I GO FOR THE SYSTEM INSTEAD OF BACK BOX, WILL I GET MORE GAINS WITH HAVING A NEW CENTRE PIPE INSTEAD OF THE STANDARD ONE ???
ALL HELP WOULD BE GREAT, THANKS :D
Gav

well ive got the ashley system its from 1st cat back and there was a good increase but ive got the manifold aswell i vote ashley

gav

i doubt you will see any gains on a 1.0, a stock 1.4 midpipe would remove the 2nd cat and make it louder tho :)

yeah a no m8
a just want it to sound nice
my plans are to make mine look nice
then gonna buy either the 1.3 or 1.4 and transfer parts over then :D
but which one out of them would you chose frank ??

gav

i lost faith in janspeed when my manifold rotted away, if a (same size as 1.0) stock 1.4 system is adequate for 85hp, i think you will gain sweet fa by putting a biger system on a 1.0 tbh.
the 2nd cat does quite a lot of silencing, so i think you will find it loud enough if you remove it (and maybe too loud with a 1.4 midpipe and aftermarket backbox)
it,s the cams that strangle a 1.0, not the exhaust, so thats job #1 if your after hp, imo

Talking of rotting away frank, my Janspeed has also done the same, and I keep on getting leaks where it joins between the downpipe and then the pipe that joins up to the cat. I'd love to keep it but its causing me more problems than I need so I'm tempted to put the standard manifold back on!

a suppose frank
but if you had to choose between them 5 above what would you choose ???
av just had a new standard centre pipe fitted about 2months ago so am wondering would a new one make any difference at all ?
cheers

well iv got a full janspeed system bud so wen ya come to mine you can have a drive and obviosley you will hear it lol but it sounds very sexy!!!!! also mate just had ma cams done on mine highly recomend it

am just gonna buy the ashley back box like and leave my centre pipe
then in distant future get the mainfold anarl :D

Back