What to tell my mechanic!?! Exhaust & air intake!

CMF_bethpegs

» CMF Member
G'day!!

OK, so I'm finally about to go to my mechanic and get him to do a new cat back exhaust and air intake for me, BUT i have some questions for you guys!

Keep in mind that I don't want to spend big money. I've got a few quotes and am looking at under $300 for exhaust and less for the air intake. Basically I'm after these mods for better performance/acceleration.

Also, I've got a standard 1995 k11 lx, 1.3, manual.

Questions:

1) What exact features do I want on the exhaust? eg. mandrel bends, straight thru... etc etc. I want to be able to tell my mechanic pretty much exactly what I'm after and what would be best for the micra. (Also, I don't want the exhaust too loud!)

2) What exact features do I want on the air intake?

3) Is there anything else relatively simple or low cost to increase performance?

All help would be greeeeatly appreciated! Cheers in advance!

-Beth

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
have you got extractors?? or just stock headers?? im not sure how much of an increase just having a cat back would do to stock headers... id say get some extractors first!!

smidge

» CMF Member
cheapest way i know to do this...

2" or 2.25" pipe, press bent to save dollars... if you can afford it get a centre muffler AND rear muffler or it will be farking loud

go to repco or autobarn and get a pod filter, 3" inlet, and whack it straight on the top of your manifold

if you really want get some flex pipe and move it closer to the front of the car, in my micra it doesn't feel as responsive so i stick it on the top which is more responsive and doesn't ping much at all

Back