Rear Exhaust Noisy

I have just had my rear and middle exhaust sections changed and since then the exhaust is louder inside the car. I have checked the the new joints and they are not blowing and the exhaust is not fouling on the body, it seems the rear box is just noisy. It always had a bit of noise from the rear but his new one is quite loud, maybe because its new and my old one the baffles were gone inside. I cannot see any failure of the new exhaust just the nose form the rear pipe. My question is would adding one of those tail pipe extensions you see help take the noise away from the car? I see them on Amazon one for less than a tenner and it clamps on over the pipe.

Going to take the car back to the garage as well but as I cannot see a fault I am expecting them to say there is nothing wrong, so thinking of other solutions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rtdc
I took it back and the garage agreed with me about the noise issue and ordered another silencer from a different manufacturer. There was no quibbling and they were very pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. A couple of days later the part was fitted and its perfect now, it had just been a bad silencer.