what did you do to your micra today ?

Just took the paint off the letters
image.jpg

cleaned in and out minty

on betty drilled hole in the fuel tank and drained the rest of the fuel tommy said was super unleaded, wondered why minty was feeling nippier haha, also used her for a spray booth and stuck my rear badge on her rear quarter and sprayed matte black, mums gonna do the "nissan" detail in mint green next week, ill keep that for safe keeps once mintys gone

i tried out a lambda extender today robbi, and it had a marked difference ! it would only muster .1v first, then i drilled the middle out a bit and it showed 0v at cruise and climbed to .5v on acceleration

i was thinking of putting a bolt into it and cable tieing the lambda sensor out the way with a cover over it haha! Thought they extender things were pretty much a blank for it, but you could still screw the original lambda into it so it's no dangling?

i was thinking of putting a bolt into it and cable tieing the lambda sensor out the way with a cover over it haha! Thought they extender things were pretty much a blank for it, but you could still screw the original lambda into it so it's no dangling?
the extender mimics the cat robbi, so that the ecu see,s a voltage drop between the 2 sensors and does,nt flag the mil
there is good scope for anyone wanting to run leanburn

stripped inside including the front passenger to try the celica seats im buying, gave up after second bolt coming out the celica seats because was dark, cold and had to jack the car up haha, doing saturday instead now

started to remove the bump strips, got the back one on one side off no problem and spent the next hour trying to get the glue off, hard work

no hair dryer or heat gun, anything else help get it off a bit easier?

Today ill be installing my matiz front struts. The springs are a bit rusty though, could that be dangerous?? Also whats the minimum to cut off the micra rear spring to use with the corsa strut?? Thanks in advance!!

Serviced the front wishbones on the white K11 - paint, polly bushes and new ball joints.

Almost got the car down on it's new race wheels but ran out of energy and daylight. So it'll remain on axle stands till next time.

Meanwhile, took advantage of the good weather and took the turbo out...

Attachments

• 815988.jpg
    815988.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 287
Serviced the front wishbones on the white K11 - paint, polly bushes and new ball joints.

Almost got the car down on it's new race wheels but ran out of energy and daylight. So it'll remain on axle stands till next time.

Meanwhile, took advantage of the good weather and took the turbo out...

Looks well without the hood scoop Dave!

Looks well without the hood scoop Dave!

Was the first thing that was done after I picked it up. Totally changed the look of the car and even makes the front bumper seem a little less 90's.

If I get where I want to be on the next visit, I'll take a progress shot of the white K11 as that's starting to look pretty epic ;)

Decided I liked my micra so much i jizzed on it

0E46A080-E0A2-41AA-92C4-F3875E6E0780_zpsmjlzdjoh.jpg

Turns out its good for cleaning cars :p

B2A7E0C4-3078-4EE2-8C81-67EA340E483D_zpsjzddpmbv.jpg

And I put some stickers on the back window I gt from a friend. yay, nay or need more?

FD17ACFF-159B-4EB6-B458-B314DA8C6FF9_zps3cvcouhh.jpg

Decided to sell the bike carbs and manifold I have.

Have decided to focus on keeping the Micra reliable and spend the money on more seat time and better tyres.

PM for details, but will come with everything you need to bolt on to your car and use.

Not today but yesterday:
20.203 @ 64.40...
Only got one run in, then it started bucketing it down...

Come on you 19.50..
Safe to say I've got the drag racing bug.

got celica seats put in the other day and completely stripped the back out, seats are hella comfortable, window also broke again so swapping it over to the one off the scrap micra, went to a meet sunday and got loads of attention haha, the s14 owner that parked next to me said he only parked there because he likes my car haha

got celica seats put in the other day and completely stripped the back out, seats are hella comfortable, window also broke again so swapping it over to the one off the scrap micra, went to a meet sunday and got loads of attention haha, the s14 owner that parked next to me said he only parked there because he likes my car haha
Much involved in getting the seats fitted? Been thinking about swapping mine out...

had to make new bolt holes and bend the fronts of the rails down, my mates couldnt be bothered to make me up some custom rails because was busy cutting out arches haha so just made new holes and bolted them down
Sounds easier than welding custom rails anyway! Don't like the idea of drilling holes into Lara tho :(

Back