what did you do to your micra today ?

Never have advisories me.... Perks of being friendly with MOT testers
Not "friendly" with tester as such but they do know the car. Hard to forget really in the little village its tested in.
Still got bits that haven't passed my test as such but were on track for the East Keel autotest soon

What did i do today?

Painted the floor green..

Why? Beacause i CAN! lol

10442355_10202244533695904_8108432920558451089_n.jpg

Drove to Eastborne from Bristol and back again in one go:

6 hours straight driving.
Average speed, about 90 (kph ;) )
48l of fuel used
Highest speed achieved, 120 (kph ;) )
No coolant used
No oil used
One very slight gearbox whine developed (will check gb oil level)

Vehicles RINSED:
Low power 1.8T mk4 golf GTi (3 times)
1.4 K12 (twice)
T4 transporter with red 'D' and 'i' (about 6 or 7 times, kept playing with him because the look of anger on his face was FAR too entertaining :D )
A 2.2 diesel vectra that started pouring blueish black smoke at about 110 (kph ;) ) and decided to fall back (LOL!)
An '07 plate suzuki swift

I also played with a 750i, with predictable results xD

So yeah, think I've proven the swap is reliable enough :) :) :)

WDIDT : Today and yesterday. Prepped the micra for running Car 0 for the East Anglian Classic where I am Deputy Clerk of the Course. Usual pre event stuff i.e. oil change, filter, bolt check etc... Also did a temporary repair using large jubilee clips for the rear ARB beam mount we broke last weekend seems the other side is on its way out too. Will get them welded up a week on Monday. Fitted the '0' numbers a twin amber warning lights.

Drove to Eastborne from Bristol and back again in one go:

6 hours straight driving.
Average speed, about 90 (kph ;) )
48l of fuel used
Highest speed achieved, 120 (kph ;) )
No coolant used
No oil used
One very slight gearbox whine developed (will check gb oil level)

Vehicles RINSED:
Low power 1.8T mk4 golf GTi (3 times)
1.4 K12 (twice)
T4 transporter with red 'D' and 'i' (about 6 or 7 times, kept playing with him because the look of anger on his face was FAR too entertaining :D )
A 2.2 diesel vectra that started pouring blueish black smoke at about 110 (kph ;) ) and decided to fall back (LOL!)
An '07 plate suzuki swift

I also played with a 750i, with predictable results xD

So yeah, think I've proven the swap is reliable enough :) :) :)

T4 only has like 100hp tops... 2 tonne weight as well, reckon the 180hp 400 lb/ft t5 would have you though (dad's got one, goes like **** of a shovel)

wings now covered in peroxide and salt and vinegar and its going rust colour thank god, also put loads of scene holes in the recess but ****ed up 2 of them so they're wonky lololololol

Attachments

• IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 325
T4 only has like 100hp tops... 2 tonne weight as well, reckon the 180hp 400 lb/ft t5 would have you though (dad's got one, goes like #### of a shovel)
PD180 engine in the ones with red 'D' and red 'i' (I think!), so it had 180hp, and #### tonnes of torque. Plus any VAG is fair game ;)

I think the best thing is I've totally converted my mate to the fast micra love. He was laughing his tits off and waving at all the people we were beating, and encouraging me to try faster and faster cars... :)

Noob... How has it taken it so long to rust? It's a micra!
not long! peroxide, white vinegar and salt is the best mix but first time i put it on i put more salt than anything and had to pour it not spray it but doing it today i could spray it which made it alot better!

Attachments

• IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1820.jpg
    IMG_1820.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 261
I think the best thing is I've totally converted my mate to the fast micra love. He was laughing his tits off and waving at all the people we were beating, and encouraging me to try faster and faster cars... :)
This makes me want my car done more lol. Pd150 micra yet?

my mate done that to me haha, its hilarious beating 1.2 polos, corsas and clios in a 1L slow micra hahahah

we need to arrange a 1/4 mile shoot-out this year andy :)

This makes me want my car done more lol. Pd150 micra yet?
Realistically, although I probably have the skills to do it, I don't have the enthusiasm to actually go through with it. I'm sure the supercharger will be the final touch, it doesn't need to be THAT much faster, and as a daily with stock seats and seatbelts and no roll cage, I wouldn't want it to be!

@MicrAde jap though? o_O

Wdidt? As in 00:25 on a Sunday morning.
Won (on ebay) new bonnet for my baby, really didn't expect to.
Honestly thought it would mysteriously become "unavailable" mere moments before the auction ended, but no, I won it! :p
Hopefully pick up this afternoon, once I've slept, and have some pictures of it laters ;)

Woke up early, wired my driving lights in to the stock plug and fitted, and fitted a better intake:
1402833985900.jpg

Last edited:
Just did a nice little trip down to bognor Regis, picked up my bonnet from a lovely lady who has a silver k12 sve dci.
Long story short, she bought some panels as somebody had gone into the car :(
she's now getting rid as the insurers came through :)
She offered us the bumper for nothing, but I couldn't just take it of her so I gave her yhe same for the bonnet again.
So I came home with a silver bonnet and rear bumper...

IMG_20140615_142107_zpsaf263473.jpg

IMG_20140615_150152_zps5b5a77e8.jpg

IMG_20140615_150212_zpsc0fadb85.jpg

...Both for £2, bargain of the week me thinks ^_^

Back