what did you do to your micra today ?

Working on the rally car today, gearbox being taken out!
hane8y2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead bodies probably! 1.3 engine and gearbox, spares for rally car! Rear axle spare!
Opening rear windows, fuel/boot pull, boot handle(not snapped) for my road car :)

Do you reckon those pop-out windows will be easy to retro-fit? I heard you need to drill holes for the hinges and latch.

Do you reckon those pop-out windows will be easy to retro-fit? I heard you need to drill holes for the hinges and latch.

Hmm I just assumed the shells were the same with things like that, maybe!
Just got given a janspeed backbox and straight though exhaust too! :)

The holes for the windows are only there for cars fitted with them at the factory. I'm sure it'll be easy to just measure up the existing holes on the scrap shell and drill them in yours though. As long as you have all the trim etc

yeah you do, specially if fitting in the 1LTR, was gonna do it but the trouble isnt worth it!! shame that i would have love to fit a set of side pop outs..... not worth the hassel!!

J

Got all the bottom end built up last night, well pistons and crank and tensioner and guides. Put to one side now with oil pump on.

Been working on the head today took the valves out gave it a rly good clean and started porting.

Inlets are done may do a little more deeper in after ive cleaned it again. Got a start on two of the exhaust ones and got one to were im aiming for :)

The drill is realy not enjoying it, especially after all the wire brushing its gone through. You can wobble the chuck about lol will make do to finish this of then bin it :p

Will finish that tommorow and clean it again then lap the new valves and clean again then start to rebuold :) and take pics too :)

Decided i really need some rear speakers. I've got plenty lying around the house (this is why I live alone, my house is a toolshed/parts store) - BUT my question is - if I don't have any there right now, is there a chance I'd have the wiring?

Decided i really need some rear speakers. I've got plenty lying around the house (this is why I live alone, my house is a toolshed/parts store) - BUT my question is - if I don't have any there right now, is there a chance I'd have the wiring?

Yeah I think so. Open the boot and look under the carpet on the drivers side near the brake lights :)

Myself and @Clodo went to Frettenham village fate representing the msc :)
We held our own against 6 lotus cars and 8 classic minis.
View attachment 31857
View attachment 31858
View attachment 31859
View attachment 31860
View attachment 31861
View attachment 31862
View attachment 31863
View attachment 31864
Great day in all! Even tho we both now look like lobsters!

Lobsters! Thats an understatement..... could Barley move today :L

Was worth It though :) got some awesome comments and mildred was re introduced to her previous owners.... they didnt even recognise her and said some lovely comments :) missed her so much they bought another micra :) x

Today I followed another Micra on the way home from work that had the exact same specs and colour, and the registration was almost identical except out by one digit.

Back