what did you do to your micra today ?

Satin Black Bonnet, The texture is rough underneath due to the plasti dip, i couldnt be bothered removing it all, so just sprayed over with matte black..

blackbonnet1_zpsb696d858.jpg

blackbonnet2_zps2c25b484.jpg

How do you get over that then karl? by using the fly wheel and clutch? or is that something completly different

As long as youre not modding over 100hp with it right now then just use the 160mm clutch and the 1l fly off your car, then if you want more power later you can upgrade the box. Thats what im doing when i swap, only gonna be running about 80hp with what ive got planned atm so old box is fine

No I knew it was on there went it put it back in. But what makes me think is that I was wrestling it to go in. I'll try and check tomorrow.

I suppose it locks d/s in place?
there should be a circlip holding the inner spider onto the bare shaft jay, and a snag ring that holds the inner c/v into the diff, and a snag ring that holds the outer c/v onto the bare shaft :)

there should be a circlip holding the inner spider onto the bare shaft jay, and a snag ring that holds the inner c/v into the diff, and a snag ring that holds the outer c/v onto the bare shaft :)
Yeh looks like the snag ring to diff frank. Dangerous without it? Drive fine since...:oops:

Yeh looks like the snag ring to diff frank. Dangerous without it? Drive fine since...:oops:
if its a circular wire one without ears ? yeh, and the inner c/v can work its way out while driving (you end up with a box full of neutrals :) ) but if you slide the boot down and cabletie it so that its pushing against the c/v, it,ll suffice for now

if its a circular wire one without ears ? yeh, and the inner c/v can work its way out while driving (you end up with a box full of neutrals :) ) but if you slide the boot down and cabletie it so that its pushing against the c/v, it,ll suffice for now
Oh dear. :oops: I'm being paranoid about it. Will check tomorrow, better to be safe then sorry.

Almost crashed into the back of a GAY-A (ka) this morning thanks to them braking heavily for a pheasant. Swerved it into the bush, back end went into middle if road and regained control. Just got a banded steel fill of mud! Certainly woke me up!

Drove home like Colin McCrae all sideways n wheels spinning in the snow!!.... Passed a few Beemers stuck with tyres on the back of em that are probably worth more than my whole car!!!... Smiled at them as I glided past... :D :D.... Luvvin it!!!....

Back