what did you do to your micra today ?

My girl went on to three cylinders for a while today !:( I'm guessing a coilpack problem, definitely a leccy fault.
Does the coilpack fitting just pull off the plug ? are they all the same ie, will a 1.0 fit a 1.4 etc ???? Where does the spark come from to the coilpack (direct from alternator?)
The other day while accelerating she died for a couple of seconds as well ! then picked up and ran fine...until today. Only lasted for about a minute, now running fine again.
All the packs and wires are original, so, 12 years old now and 55K miles - change the lot maybe ???
Do they have a lifespan????

The old gearbox linkage is like this.....
4ytu6azu.jpg

The new gearbox linkage is at 90 degrees like this...
nububyqa.jpg

So the linkage won't fit correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesus every week I swear this one gets answered. 1.3 and 1l have diff rods. The shafts are diff too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Jesus every week I swear this one gets answered. 1.3 and 1l have diff rods. The shafts are diff too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Knew about the shafts but seriously my mind has never absorbed the info about the rods :p gripper diff and not too sure on the dogbox to be honest.. Humphries was selling it 2nd hand :)

My girl went on to three cylinders for a while today !:( I'm guessing a coilpack problem, definitely a leccy fault.
Does the coilpack fitting just pull off the plug ? are they all the same ie, will a 1.0 fit a 1.4 etc ???? Where does the spark come from to the coilpack (direct from alternator?)
The other day while accelerating she died for a couple of seconds as well ! then picked up and ran fine...until today. Only lasted for about a minute, now running fine again.
All the packs and wires are original, so, 12 years old now and 55K miles - change the lot maybe ???
Do they have a lifespan????
any faultcodes davy ? i have spare coils if needed :)

any faultcodes davy ? i have spare coils if needed :)
Hello Frank. I'll have to take her into the garage as I don't have a fault reader. Will it show a fault if its not missing when he plugs in ?
Should I get my own reader, which one? ....how much? the garage charge me a pop £15 to read the codes.

It's boost man! :) sik videos!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sealed up holes in exhaust. boosts the brap.
calm down it only light cg13 flywiller and 1.0 box:) and tidy right foot:)
I dont know how my engine still works.dont know a thing about going inside one.

Last edited:
Quote me dude, my tagging doesn't work. :(

Yeah, perch right down. It's definitely too low for our roads lol! Going to get 4 5mm spacers for the strut tops and adjust accordingly...don't think I need 2 on each side. Also need 15s and a bit of stretch haha. It rips my arches on full lock!!

Hi sir sack that keep her slammed and get yourself a set of 13s. And she'll clear the arches. :D

Hi sir sack that keep her slammed and get yourself a set of 13s. And she'll clear the arches. :D

Lol! I can't do that! I don't know how 13s will help to be fair. Even with small tyres it's too close to the ground. The centre cross member bounces across cats eyes! If I'm putting any 13s on it'll be my superlites! :p

Lol! I can't do that! I don't know how 13s will help to be fair. Even with small tyres it's too close to the ground. The centre cross member bounces across cats eyes! If I'm putting any 13s on it'll be my superlites! :p

13s should allow enough arch clearance with 165 x 55s. Hi sir if she doesn't scrape yer not doing it right hahaha :p

Got round to trying to start it and not having aby joy yet. Anyone wanna fire some suggestion for me?

Im fairly certain its somat to do with spark as compresion is between 125-140 psi, plugs were a little wet and smell like fuel.

New leads and new plugs in. Gave some fuses a wiggle.
Get the feeling it will be somat stupid.

Tried to test for spark by putting a plugs threads on a jump lead to batt neg to make sure its getting an earth but couldnt see a spark.

Any better way to test the dizzy?

Got round to trying to start it and not having aby joy yet. Anyone wanna fire some suggestion for me?

Im fairly certain its somat to do with spark as compresion is between 125-140 psi, plugs were a little wet and smell like fuel.

New leads and new plugs in. Gave some fuses a wiggle.
Get the feeling it will be somat stupid.

Tried to test for spark by putting a plugs threads on a jump lead to batt neg to make sure its getting an earth but couldnt see a spark.

Any better way to test the dizzy?
dizzy plug/connector mixed up with the coolant sensor one maybe ?

I've just got myself a nice uprated Front ARB (polybushed :D) but it did'nt come with any bolts to mount it to the body just the ones for the wishbones. Would anyone know what size the bolts are? I can't check because i did'nt have an ARB in the first place :L Thanks :)

Got the rear ARB mounts (beam) welded and and reinforced, so hopefully these will last longer.

Also sweated like a pig, whilst fitting 7 tyres using the garage's tyre machine..... Rally tyres are hard work to fit :(

The car is now all set-up for Sunday's autosolo, which is set to be wet :( Will be interesting on the Inter's we have.

A mad three day weekend, which involves Goodwood (and hopefully a ride round in a Stratos), a Kart race and then the Autosolo!

got a telling off from traffic police for my exhaust -.- want something that pops and burbles a bit now but its gotta get over my axle haha, was thinking just cut off the bit that turns up and just get a straight bit of pipe put in its place...

I've just got myself a nice uprated Front ARB (polybushed :D) but it did'nt come with any bolts to mount it to the body just the ones for the wishbones. Would anyone know what size the bolts are? I can't check because i did'nt have an ARB in the first place :L Thanks :)

10mm MF with 14mm head I believe

Back