what colour? Opinions please

K

K11_Dave

Been doin lot of prep work ready for re-spray, but the colour i was originally gonna have just ain't gonna work. Was thinking of white with a red pearl, but turns out that it would look orange. I don't want a flip-paint or flakes. links to sample colours would be a great help.

03-05-05.jpg

03-05-053.jpg

Cheers guys

P.S. Have not finished preppin yet - will be about 3 weeks before i will book in

rightie O... colours?
What amount pf money do you want to spend?
What stuff you into...

In my opinion i would go pink, but that sme, so lets say no ;)
How about going a red, a plum red, deep blood red? sexy red? dark as in going towards black, that way it be sexy, u could have an amazing black interior :d

RE: RE: what colour? Opinions please

Pink Princess said:
dark as in going towards black, that way it be sexy, u could have an amazing black interior :d

interior3.jpg

its looking nice dave, i would go for an orangey colour but i know certain members in club are already going in that direction so a deep blue? MG blue i thin it called?? Anyways, back end of your motor looking cool dave, how u gonna light the reg plate up and why did u leave the boot lock on? U not got a boot release inside?? Also, the front splitter, the gap in the middle, was it done on purpose?

Big_ben said:
its looking nice dave, i would go for an orangey colour but i know certain members in club are already going in that direction so a deep blue? MG blue i thin it called?? Anyways, back end of your motor looking cool dave, how u gonna light the reg plate up and why did u leave the boot lock on? U not got a boot release inside?? Also, the front splitter, the gap in the middle, was it done on purpose?

I know the Blue you mean - Blue MG ZR
Definitely one to think about.

Reg plate is lit from inside - Backlit reg plate They came as standard on TVR Chimaera

Haven't got boot release inside - not yet. Was hoping to get the car as close to "presentable" as poss by JAE, and working full time doesn't leave much time! Is def on my list of to-do's though

The front splitter was added from a Clio. The bumper had that curve upwards in the middle - still debating on filling it.

Pink Princess said:
what back bumpers that? is well sweet, i am having a custom kit i thinks

Get out your fibreglass, Fiesta Mark 4 front splitter, saw and filler - we'll see you in a few weeks - In Progress

mike said:
Were is the headlight from?

Mike

Driver's side was cracked from bump a couple of weeks ago, went to scrappy, took it off Micra that had just come in. Only realised when I got back home it was so clear compared to other. Went back to scrappy and someone had bought the rest of the car :down:

Pink Princess said:
what back bumpers that? is well sweet, i am having a custom kit i thinks

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, i love the fact u got ideas from TVR haha. Seriously though u done a great job on that back splitter, and if it was me i would deffo fill the gap and try and raise the middle of that front splitter, looks like it got too much stress on it n it just bursting out in middle. Gonna be a sweet ride when its finished! U should get ne of those number plate surrounds for your back reg so edges dont look as cut in dark if you know what i mean, got mine off ebay for a couple of quid. Also one to think about, may be a bit loud for you but....

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14525

gorgeous colour that...

Suprisingly Ben, not too loud for me!:glance: Don't know about lookin at it every day though!

The edges of the reg plate are held with glue - the light shines through it. Will see how much light gets through after paint job, if it's still the same, will prob have to get a surround :down: it's not really my thing though

im tellin ya RED, bright, sexy, shiny,silky RED...

its got to be... stand out... in ya face...

the fiesta splitter works 100%...

front apron is top, but dont rate the cio splitter, probably would have used
laguna or astra one... but still done a mint job on it...

how long til you done...:suspect:

looking at ya interiour i think either black or maybe silver, but of course they are well popular colours and wont make it stand out as much as it deserves to stand out..if you have red or pretty much any other colour wont go with the interiour..

NeX said:
Why not go for Cisco blue?

I think i will have to aggree with nex if it was my choice!

Big_ben said:

Hehe. ;)

The cars looking very nice mate!!! Very impressed with the work that you have done to it hehe. Think a nice blue would always work well, however a few others are also going down this route. There was an astra at Donny that had a red flip that flipped to a pinky colour, but it wasn't in anyway girly lol. Looks very kool, although you said you didn't want flips. Alternatively go two tone... its the way to go hehe. ;)

adve

seriously

stop asking on here"!!!

please go to the paintshop io told you about. and they will give you 3 books..
spend an hour just browsing through there.
i bet u find at least 43-5 colours u absolutly love.

they wioll then mix some saomple pots for you. and from that one WILL stand out!!!

and from there nobody will tell you otherwise. ui will fall in lvoe witha colour.
there is colours through them books u dont even think of.
but if you say to them i like this. but then like this they can also come to comprtmise ands mix your own up. like dan and i did today. and like i did with mine!!

i had ideas of what colours i liked and what effects of paint i like. so basically said it to him he came out with what i fell in love with basically.

sprayed a door today for DAN to gasthjer his thoughts on his spray job..
i think i can see he left slightly verticle over it :p

admittadly turned out better than we could possibly imagine and settled oall doubts that it would look very lush and unique indeed.
just as he wants..

go to the paintshop and just browse their s books.
it will the best hour -2 that u will ever do. and they will give you everything u need to know etc about prep work the lot!!!

edit: just a little note for james if he reads this.. sorry but i dont care if he a nobber at times. im here to help!!

quickdraw said:
adve

there is colours through them books u dont even think of.
but if you say to them i like this. but then like this they can also come to comprtmise ands mix your own up. like dan and i did today. and like i did with mine!!

i had ideas of what colours i liked and what effects of paint i like. so basically said it to him he came out with what i fell in love with basically.

sprayed a door today for DAN to gasthjer his thoughts on his spray job..
i think i can see he left slightly verticle over it :p

admittadly turned out better than we could possibly imagine and settled oall doubts that it would look very lush and unique indeed.
just as he wants..

Lol, nicely put there mate. However I was slightly more than vertical with it haha, I flaming love it!!! :D Looked so much better than all of us could have ever imagined I think and it will certainly make it all yet even more unique, with all of the other bits on too. :) Was a little worried when you were first spraying the colour but when it was done it looked so awesome lol!!! :D Hehe, made me all excited for it now aswell so I really cannot wait to see it all finished up. Just do as Wayne says though, if the guy knows his stuff he will help you find one soon enough. :) :D :)

cheers for all your ideas guys. Have you got the phone number for that place again Wayne? Called it on the saturady, but couldn't get through at all - kept ringing so threw it away. Maybe would be better to ring them in the week.

Back