colour coding started

Gemma85

banished to the buses
Well since its a nice day instead of sitting on the computer I thought I would make a start on the car myself as I was bored! Armed with white plastic primer I washed all my the bits down and got all dirt ect off the....masking taped around them and started with the spray! I have covered my mams drie and my hands are also covered in it but I had fun!! It doesnt look too bad but I ran out and it needs another coat so I'l touch up tomorrow and hopefully spray them white in a couple of days. I'm also gonna make a start on the splitter tomorrow to get that colour coded! Just a couple of questions tho... How do I get door handles and wing mirrors off (have left them for now!) I'm so proud of myself for doing something a salesman knocked on our door and said to my dad you'v tought her well (hehe didnt tell him never doneanything on the car before) also my spax lowering springs got delivered today and I had a look under the wheel arch but it all looks too complicated I'l just leave them for someone else to do, havent even attempted to put alloys on yet! I'l keep you posted pics will be on when its all finished :k12white:

Gemma85 said:
Just a couple of questions tho... How do I get door handles and wing mirrors off (have left them for now!)

Door handles:

wind wondow up
remove door card
where the handle is inside the door there is 2 bolts remove the bolts and the handle will move, be carefull as there is a metal bar attached to the handle, dsont bent it, and repeat of other side.

Wing Mirrors:
when door car is off prise the bit of plastic on the inside of the door off, carefully, then you will see 3 bolts remove them and the mirror comes off, repeat for other side.

haha that didnt sound to good did it i'l rephrase that...I washed all the bits I was going to colour code down

the bits on the door and the front and back...havent got the money for a respray yet so giving this a go instead

The body side protection mouldings? :wasntme:
just thought i'd make it even more complicated. not that you need any help in doing that!! :grinning: :grinning:

Ems said:
Just the bump strips then lol!!!

Lookin good btw. Is it an exact colour match?!!!

It doesnt look it! they're quite bright. Maybe the car needs a T-cut? Good work tho

No its just a white plastic primer need to do the mirrors yet cant get them off and gave up trying to get the door cards off so i just sprayed them on cos I got peed off

thanks I'm hoping that I can get away without 1 there are still bits that that need covering like I need to sort out those black bits on the front and there is some rust apprearing in places :doh: I have the top coat to do next lol well when I can work out how to do the bloody wing mirrors :p

well iv searched but to no avail and I dont want to break anything same with the door card I got half of it off but the top wouldnt come off I was gonna try with a big screwdrived and prise it off but it looked like it was gonna snap

Lol yeah i nearly did that only to be told i missed the screws hidden in the door handle!! Oop's!! :blush:

In the door handle on the inside, the bit u use to pull the door closed, there will be three or so screws hidden behind little round screwhole covers!!!! Have a look lol u should see what i mean!!!!

Remember Ems you have a K10 and Gemma doesnt!! could be totally different on the K11

Gemma85 said:
Can i not just leave them on when I do the next coat lol its such a faff on

LMAO!!! Course u can it's your car!!!! If u have managed to do 1 coat without a problem u should be able to manage another!!!

Back