The Golden nugget....

B

Ben

Well, seeing as im so bored an not one person is responding to my posts thought i would finally get round the the post of showing my micra when i had it and what i did to it and why i get the right to be a grumpy old msc member.

Admin: Images will probably be too big so could you resize em.

Well my journey with my k11 began when i got a 1.0l S 1996 with 45k on clock when i was 17. Twas gold and immaculate. I immediatly joined the MSC and began modding on the bodyside of things as i wasnt interested in tuning at the time.

The firstpic i have although it has tints and wind deflectors which came after i bought it:

Picture005Small.jpg

As i say my first attempts at modding the car were the tints (think i got them the day after i got the car), a new HU Sony one, tinted the rear lights and indicators and got some wind deflectors on. I wanted more:

Next were some alloys, i considered loads and loads and then at the time Gav was flogging his 16" Dare X1s so i thought why not, i took them but then put them on and it looked like a 4X4 so tookem straight back off, ordered some lowering springs and then got them all done at the same time which left me at:

grp2017Small.jpg

Notice the silver stickers down the side? Thought they looked cool at the time, and no they werent OZ rims wrapped in TOYO's :( Little did i know what the future would hold. Next was on to an air filter, i chose a PiperX (Sticker came in handy) and a new backbox Ashley competition 3.5" single exit.

I then wired a screen in to the car along with some central door locking and an alarm and a ps2 and hooked it all up:

grp2021Small.jpg

This was about as far as i could take it with my own ability so i looked for advice and help. I also took the ps2 out and screen as it annoyed me so much. I wanted a meshed grill and smooth boot so i asked upon the services of Wayne (Former member) He obliged and we struck a deal where he was to smooth a boot out, spray it same colour as my car, colour code some door handles, and do an open mouth grill for me.

I also decided it was time for a change of shoes for her so flogged the X1's to Paul smith off here and bought Bod's OZ Titans Although i went for about 2 weeks on Steelies:(oh by this time i had got some clear rear lights and repeaters too)

PICT0307Small.jpg

Several months late and many heated debates later we finally got on track and i went to his, he swapped all the gear over (not including my tinted rear window) and i left. I got home assessed the work and wasnt sattisfied. The finish on the paint wasnt up to scratch, window wasnt sealed in properly, grill was snapped, and just generally wasnt impressed with the boot ( colour match was spot on though and Wayne is a top lad just didnt work out ). About a week later i wrapped the poor car around a lamp post while attempting to be my hereo Colin Mcrae in the snow.

I have no pics of the damage (there might be some on MM) but i know it was quite bad. Needed a new bonnet, new bumper, grill, cross member. I took it to the garage to get this work sorted and the bloke agreed to finish the boot off properly and alsofit and spray some skirts i had bought for her too. When she came out she looked the shiz nit and i was more than impressed with the new boot by this time i had bougth misc stuff for her like new KYB shocks all round, ibiza rear splitter and sme other random gear (stickers were gone)

PICT0862Small.jpg

PICT0865Small.jpg

Well i was more or less finished with the looks and had already began on the sound system with the help of Pete (Retepetsir). Many phone calls, emails and nusiance pms from me later and i was getting somewhere, 2 trips to the stereo repair man, 3 trips for the amp back to germany and i finally got it all sussed out:

I was running
- PG 12" sub
- DLS comps
- Mac audio 4 channel amp (beast)

and it was awesome (when it was working)

Only pic i have is of WIP and before it was all covered in cloth etc (the binnet bit got covered too)

PICT0335Small.jpg

Anyways by this time i had become increasingly frustrated with the car so after a couple of years i decided to break and sell, it was hard but all the parts went to good homes and she eventually went. I have seen her around a couple of times but i think her best days are behind her now:

I now drive this:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f164/eggpoo17/100_0131.jpg

Admin: Possibly a sticky??

Thanks

also it should be in k11 section

OP
OP
B

Ben

James said:
Dare I ask what for? I only ask cos I have it now lol

lol, firstly i touched the live and the earth toether and it wudnt work so they replaced it, second time there was an internal problem and they repaired it, thirs time i lost a screw so they replaced that :)

Ok arnold sorry for askin

James

Chairman
Ben said:
lol, firstly i touched the live and the earth toether and it wudnt work so they replaced it, second time there was an internal problem and they repaired it, thirs time i lost a screw so they replaced that :)

Ah cool, I thought it may be stuff like fuses etc, cool, just being nosy thats all :p lol

OP
OP
B

Ben

i seen it this morning how weird! my bird noticed it,new owner has stuck some massive rims on it but didnt notice anything else

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Ben said:

Lol s'all good! Just no reason why this car should have any preference over any others, otherwise we'd have to stick all members cars etc and that would cause problems. No other reason apart from that

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Nice write up. Looked pretty good at the end but I understand all to well about the frustrations of owning and modifying a car.

OP
OP
B

Ben

Arnold said:
Lol s'all good! Just no reason why this car should have any preference over any others, otherwise we'd have to stick all members cars etc and that would cause problems. No other reason apart from that

wasnt meaning like that just thought since Stew, Raceworx and the BBQ had i thought this might have but no worries, its all gravy