• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Wee Mighty!

Cheers man
Maybe just a weeee bit lower :p

Tyres are 165/55R13 Pirellis on the front and 165/55R13 Nankang Toursports on the back :) all pretty much brand new nick aswell!

OOOHH the Pirelli's? Aren't they like £70+ per tyre?
I'm on Nankang...wanted the Pirellis but £250~ for a set wasn't viable

Good choice on size, noticed there wasn't an abundance of sidewall :)

Some shameless photo whoring and some dodgy editing (used an app on my phone) :p

a9edata5.jpg

e4a9eren.jpg

bumy4ara.jpg

Looks cool - could maybe look a bit better with some spacing though?

What was the problem with the wheels - was it the CB too small not letting them seat properly?

Looks cool - could maybe look a bit better with some spacing though?

What was the problem with the wheels - was it the CB too small not letting them seat properly?

Yeah I was thinking about but not sure on how big a spacers to go for though :eek: also need them because my brakes make a bit of a scrubbing noise sometimes so I don't if the alloys are rubbing against a bit

Yeah it was the CB, glad it was the problem or it would have been 80 pounds down the drain! :rolleyes:

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Got a lot of love last night with the new sound of the micra! :D

Managed to convert one of my mates to love the little cars after he asked me to take him a blast round the one way system that is nearby where we were and he fell in love with the thing! Haha

In conclusion, all non-micra owners will hate micras until they get in one :p

Just read through this thread :D Lovely car mate. I'm jelly of your Peter Lloyd, I'm feeling the itch to get myself one of those.

And I reckon you don't need to go lower - if you get the wheels spaced out (10mm at the front, 20mm at the rear maybe?) I think the car will sit much better. It'll look a little harder. At the moment the wheels look a little shy :D

Just read through this thread :D Lovely car mate. I'm jelly of your Peter Lloyd, I'm feeling the itch to get myself one of those.

And I reckon you don't need to go lower - if you get the wheels spaced out (10mm at the front, 20mm at the rear maybe?) I think the car will sit much better. It'll look a little harder. At the moment the wheels look a little shy :D

Cheers, appreciate it mate :D the Peter Lloyd is well worth it mate, would definitely recommend getting one ;) yeah I've been wanting to get the wheels spaced but not sure how much to space them by, reckon 10 on front and 20 on the back would be good? Yeah they are looking a little shy :p I think buy spacers and then decide if it needs more lowering or not!

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Next few months will be more tidying it up for show season rather than buying anything relatively expensive for it (well I'll try not to :rolleyes: )

Todo list :-

-Tidy up arch rust
-Respray grill
-Have another bash at getting headlights off for spraying
-Get it serviced
-More lows
-Look into getting a little boso style pipe fabbed up for shows :rolleyes:

That's the plans for now until something else comes into my head!

First show season for the little thing ;)

Thought I'de make today productive so I ate this bowl of ravioli which was homemadeandnotoutatin..

IMG_08171_zps8f11e7b5.jpg

Then I made a start on cleaning up this :D

IMG_08191_zps209eda5f.jpg

Its a bit rough because it was found by my friend whos garage was moving premises and found it while clearing out the new place and gave this to me!

IMG_08221_zpsf11dfe86.jpg

and the tools for the job!

IMG_08181_zpsaf3213f0.jpg

dont know how its gonna turn out but I'll post up the finished product when I'm done :)

You mounting those on the wings or "fenders"? ;)

Those'll look so cool!

Well only one "fender" ;)

My intentions were to buy one for each side but my mate knew that was the plan and gave me this so I couldnt pass off a free mod :p

Ive seen a few cars with only one mirror on the wing and it looks cool!

Itll be a hit or a miss with this :p

I cut 3 coils off and I have 5mm compression on springs still when jacked up (I.e. I have to slack off shock top nut more than 5mm off for them to be uncaptive)

I cut 3 coils off and I have 5mm compression on springs still when jacked up (I.e. I have to slack off shock top nut more than 5mm off for them to be uncaptive)

hmm is it shortened corsa b shocks youre using?

When I jack mines up the spring doesnt fall right out but I could pull it out no problem without removing the bottom bolt on the shock

remove the rubber on top of it, it might just pull off (mine did) and replace it with a 10mm slice of bump stop (micra or corsa doesn't matter) wil see you taki g another 10-15mm off the shock effective length. Will have to use a 15mm long spacer (or 15mm worth of washers) ob top of the top-rubber squashing washer to let the shock top nut tighten fully if you do that though.

remove the rubber on top of it, it might just pull off (mine did) and replace it with a 10mm slice of bump stop (micra or corsa doesn't matter) wil see you taki g another 10-15mm off the shock effective length. Will have to use a 15mm long spacer (or 15mm worth of washers) ob top of the top-rubber squashing washer to let the shock top nut tighten fully if you do that though.

Cool, cheers dude :)

Thisll will be one of those jobs where I'll say to myself "right get that dust cover sorted tommorow" then tommorow comes and itll be "ah it can wait till tommorow" :p

So the micra will be getting a wee change of wheels in the very near future!

Provisionally sold my wheels to a friend (still staying on my car until the new wheels get paid for and courier organised)
dont feel as sad about selling them up seen as ill still see them, cant just be me that grows a bond with stuff like that? :rolleyes:

Also fitted some rust free wings on to it a few weeks ago so no more eye sore scabs anymore :D

Couple of pictures I found from a local meet I went to at the weekend to make this post a little less dull..

531790_10201113864661515_829670001_n.jpg

993638_496128227133837_649720124_n.jpg

So today I got two peices of mail for me through the door..

This..

IMG_10351_zps36acc33f.jpg

and these..

IMG_10311_zps2bb34a9b.jpg

IMG_10331_zpsf123c7ad.jpg

Guess which one I preferred? :p

Pretty excited!
Will post pics later when theyre fitted :D

Back