Wanted: K11 Steelies

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Hey all

I'm looking for a good condition set of K11 steelies like the ones below to get them banded - preferably the black ones with silver centres I've seen but I'm not too fussy :)

253351452.jpg

Sorry mate, they're not the ones I'm looking for - I'm looking for the ones that were on the base spec K11s which had the disc centre caps!

They are? Hmmm didn't know that! :(
Might be interested then Alex - just need to find the centre caps now :(

Ahh fair enough then! :) I suppose I should start looking into the price of banded steelies now lol

I have a set of base center caps. You can only have them if you promise to get your steels banded more than you think is sensible (and you pay the postage).

I'll get them banded more than I think sensible if you provide the arches to cover the tread! :laugh:
I'm thinking 7j - I'm pretty sure that's what my alloys are at the moment - 195 section :)

I'm thinking 7j - I'm pretty sure that's what my alloys are at the moment - 195 section :)

ooh-er niki thats a 2, 1/2 inch band, a 64mm offset change i think :cool:
you might have to stretch some 165/55/13 nankangs on those, to keep them in the arches :)

Hmmm what about 6j then, would that work better?
Maybe I should think about looking at tyre sizes too - I imagine 13 inch tyres aren't common place!
Come to think of it, will 13inch be enough to fit over my brakes? I need to consider this :(

Hmmm what about 6j then, would that work better?
Maybe I should think about looking at tyre sizes too - I imagine 13 inch tyres aren't common place!
Come to think of it, will 13inch be enough to fit over my brakes? I need to consider this :(

here,s one of my old nankangs niki, (about 20" dia)
and a 155/65/13 (about 21" dia) next to my 155/70/13,s fitted to the car (about 21, 1/2" dia) :)
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13543&stc=1&d=1253112786
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13544&stc=1&d=1253112786

Attachments

• PICT0181.JPG
    PICT0181.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 310
  • PICT0131.JPG
    PICT0131.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 302
let me know if you want them and next time im in bristol which shouldnt be long ill bring them with me as it will be closer for you :) and i can get you some hub caps if you want them?

I've just been having a play with a chap from my other forum's online wheel fitment simulator.

The left hand side shows a standard micra wheel and tyre combo and a standard steel banded to 7" with a 165/55 tyre, this looks promising.
The right hand side shows my slots with 155/70 tyre, with the wide steel. Check out the outer tyre edge, its almost exactly the same.

Wheels.jpg

And here's my tyre fitment in real life:

DSCI0282-1.jpg

The arches will need rolling for clearence when it comes down but other than that you have to assume that stock steels banded to 7" will fit excellently on the front. Which also means 8"s will go on the back.

You know what to do Niki!

Back