vans

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
im looking into getting a small van combo size,
what van do people drive have driven and whats there opinions??

thanks
adam

Smallest van I've driven is a merc vito

drives like a people carrier, easy and comfortable.

What do you need the van for?

Berlingos , been bombproof for us , got. 3 at the moment, quite nippy too , 3 seats in the front. We've used these for 12 years now, replaced them every 120000 miles, but engines were still string

Ford transit connect is huge up front and pulls well. Little side door was mega helpful at times too
ST version is alright its quick until you load it up then they struggle compared to the diesel one

I would probably be after a diesel one, and its for maybe do bits of side work, as the k10 isnt big enough for all the tools and ive been toying with the idea of starting a mobile mechanic business, so would be loaded up with the gear,

In the long run ive been thinking of getting a vw caddy maxi panel van, but @ £16k cant afford yet lol so need something to use until then

we have diesel transits and a berlingo, and they are soooooooooo boring to drive imo, drive something that will get the adrenalin flowing adam :)

I regularly pilot the school's LDV minibusses. They are the biggest pile of turd that I have ever had the misfortune to drive - and that's quite some accolade considering some of the shonk that I've owned myself!
I had a Mk2 Astra Van as well a long time ago, that was fine, as most car derived vans are. Strong too, it got put nose on into a grass bank, which sent it end over end into a field. I walked away.

Dad drives a vw t5 2.5tdi with 180 hp and more torque than you'll ever need, tows my car and trailer very easily and is nice to drive too.... And it's done 180k miles without fault

I thought about a t5 transporter but prefer the caddy huggy, i like the old 1.9 d berlingo cans for reliability just not sure on driving

just been looking at transporters, found a t4 on ebay £3k insurance quote came back as £2.5k at 21 with `1 yr ncb is that good? 2,4 td?

As an idea for you mate heres my van for me:

1.9D Fiat Doblo Cargo 2002
NCB: 9
Fully comp: £340

I know its caused me a few problems (exhaust & diesel leak) but i dont know what id do without it now. So easy to through stuff in the back off & can earn you a few quid moving bits / working on cars / deliveries :)

had a drive of a t5 transporter at work today, couldnt fault it thought it was great, pulls well, handles well nice size :)

i need something big enough i can fit my tool box in
temporary_zps835bf603.jpg

wont quite fit in an estate

Well if you want a small van then look at the nemo/bipper both are pretty boring but it will hold your tool box. Mine has been OK the main issues I've had with it have been caused by the dealer the hire company insist I use. I average about 46mpg but the van is absolutely ram packed with kit.

Back