micra-van....

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
basicaly, i cant aford a transit so im after a small van but again there quite pricey, so....... could i make a k11 into a van (back out, windows repalced with metal etc) legally? would it be classed a car still or a van? any ideas/help in apriciated :D

basicaly, i cant aford a transit so im after a small van but again there quite pricey, so....... could i make a k11 into a van (back out, windows repalced with metal etc) legally? would it be classed a car still or a van? any ideas/help in apriciated :D

you have to get it re registered as a van, remove the rear seats and harneses, you can tint the back and rear side windows as much as you want, or even weld metal over them. if you are carring hazzadous stuff like gas or chemicals, then you may need a dividing wall between the back and the cabin area.

but also if you are filling the car with really heavy stuff you may need to reinforce the suspention and put comercial spec wheels on the back... but it should be ok... oh and with heavy loads in the back it will put the headlight beam out so remember to compensate

cheers nex mate, not really for heavy stuff, just tools etc. mebe a cement mixer now and again, no chemicals n nothing heavy so just reg it as a van? is that the engineer test or sumic, about £37 or somethink?

Back