Uprated Clutch for a 1 litre turbo HELP

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows of an uprated clutch for a 1 litre k11 1993 its running 116bhp at present.

The only one i can find is the helix for the 1.3 and that would mean a flywheel change and i'd rather keep the lighter 1 litre flywheel if possible?

Thanks Paul

Paul Smith said:
The only one i can find is the helix for the 1.3 and that would mean a flywheel change and i'd rather keep the lighter 1 litre flywheel if possible?

Thanks Paul
if you get a flywheel off a facelift 1.0 micra, it uses the same clutch as the 1.3 and is still lighter.

As far as I know there is no uprated clutch for an early 1.0 Micra. I have spoken to Helix clutches about making a batch for the 1.0 rally cars, but the problem is the spline arrangement for the input shaft. This is not a common set up were as the 1.3 is. If anyone knows different please let me know.

Get a later 1.0 flywheel which takes the 1.3 clutch.

The eariler 1.0 clutch si the same as a K10 im amazed it can hold 116bhp.

It doesn't hold it very well when gunning it and its a fairly new clutch anyway. I have spoken to CG motorsport who will make a twin plate clutch up for me that should do the job I hope? Any ideas where i can get a limited slip diff from?

A twin plate? Nice clutch but a waste of money on your power.. I have a single plate on the march ST which is a 1.0 turbo and about 180bhp and thats ok..

Its a K11 friction plate (1.3) with a nismo cover. (from a March ST) I have a K10 not K11, you dont need to uprate yours and mine is also standard. (the bottom end of the engine that is)

How much power do you reckon the bottom end should be able to handle? I figured if i uprate the bottom i can make it as powerful as i'll ever need without any worry?

It will handle more power than your ever likely to make from the engine. :)

Yep, forged rings and rods should do the trick!
Not sure they're worth the money though, it depends on how much power you want!

Ed, do you know anywhere that knive's cranks for a k11 1litre?
Or indeed how much it'll cost for the whole forged internal package.
I'm guessing in excess of £1000?

Forged internals are around 2K~ for a complete engine rebuild and new bearings machining etc with them your looking at around 7-800 on top.

Back