Turbo Setup

CMF_Vibe7777

» CMF Member
Hi guys,

As usual i need your precious advise as where to fit my oil piping to the Garett T28 Turbo from the the CGD13DE engine and water cooling. Photos are most welcomed.

Thanks

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
There's an oil line on the rocker cover just to the left hand side (looking at the car from the front) Its already tapped, all you have to do is remove the fitting and put your line there. The oil return will have to be drilled into the sump...

The water lines can go pretty much anywhere

Sean

CMF_Vibe7777

» CMF Member
Hi Simply mighty,

Could you please let me have pic if possible...that would be of great help to my mechanic

Thanks

Varma

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Here you go Varma

Also, the T28 is a bit large unless you're going for a really high powered setup. You'll most likely snap your gearbox in a few weeks if you use that and run over 8-10psi boost. Personally I think the best turbo is a GT25, but T25 (NOT T25G) have been used the most with really nice streetable response and power.

But it all depends what you want to do with the car

Sorry about the picture quality

Hope this helps

:)

Sean

Attachments

• 17541.jpg
    17541.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 39

CMF_Vibe7777

» CMF Member
Hi Sean,

Thanksssssss a lot for the pic....my bro brought this T28 from Australia itself (rebuilt one)...got that at a very low price as AUS$200, what do u advise about for my gearbox? My gearbox is AUTOMATIC. :)

Thanks once again.

Regards,

Varma

CMF_Vibe7777

» CMF Member
Here the pic of the Beast :p, just confirm if it is really a T28..since am a newbie in those things

Thanks

Varma

Attachments

• 17578.jpg
    17578.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 24

cisco

» CMF Member
Hehe automatic - cool.

Look, once you are making a moderate amount of power, chances are the CVT auto gearbox will probably just slip to pieces. You would be best place to have a manual gearbox for a turbo conversion, especially with a mighty T28 when it comes on boost! But if you are only running 5psi or something, then I would be keen to see how the Auto holds up.

It might be an absolute weapon because the CVT holds the engine at the best revs for peak torque or whatever etc, so it might just sit on 5psi boost and never need to change gear, making a very lively little car! It will probably put a fair bit of strain or wear on the auto box though unfortunately.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Cisco is correct - the CVT will start to slip very quickly with a turbo. You CAN upgrade the belt and the clutch packs but this is very costly.

If you have a conventional 3 or 4spd automatic you should be right for another 30kw if the transmission is in good health.

Any more and you'll probably break something.

DOn't forget to invest in an automtic transmission cooler. A big one. Heat is what kills them.

CMF_jabran200

» CMF Member
life coach WROTE:

"Here you go Varma

Also, the T28 is a bit large unless you're going for a really high powered setup. You'll most likely snap your gearbox in a few weeks if you use that and run over 8-10psi boost. Personally I think the best turbo is a GT25, but T25 (NOT T25G) have been used the most with really nice streetable response and power.

But it all depends what you want to do with the car

Sorry about the picture quality

Hope this helps

:)

Sean

Whoa thread from the dead lol, I have a question about the size of the fitting there is it 1/8 npt? As the seal on my sandwhich plate has let go and spilled oil everywhere. I can't find a new seal in enough time i did try one but leaked after a day so if thats 1/8 i can just shorten my line and stick in there and put the sandwhich plate away.

need to know this asap.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I think its a standard 1/8 gas type fitting ... if you rock up to your favourite hydraulic fitting service and point at the head and say can I have the connection for that, please. usually they'll go, ok, that's a 1/8 something or other....

Back