What injectors for turbo setup?

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
hi all, i have a turbo kit for my car which i have yet to install. i was just wondering what i can do in the way of fuel delivery. i have heard that the stock injectors are fairly limiting in a turbo setup. i do have a set of GA15 injectors from the nismo march cup computer setup. but i am unsure as to whether these will supply enough juice for the turbo setup. i am planning to run hopefully 0.5bar. are there any other injectors from another car that will supply all the fuel required and will just bolt in? i am running an emanage setup as well. Can anyone enlighten me on the additional injector setup? what are they for? which way would be cheaper ie new injectors or 5injector setup and controller? thanks
chris

CMF_jdc5r

» CMF Member
i think i will stick with na. most likely just stop at i/h/e, ecu, tb.

if chances arise however and i love the car super duper super duper super super i will get a set of fcr

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
I dont think any other injectors apart from the ga15 are a bolt in swap. I cant see why they couldnt supply enough fuel. Any one know the flow rate.

Im running 7psi with a 5th injector & it works fine (I cant safely go above this boost level with this setup though).

The stock injectors run out of juice at 3.5psi.

As for a fuel pump, Im running a '95 r33 gtst skyline pump. Flows more than enough & they are reasonable cheap too.

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Im running 9.8 ( Peak ) Psi..

Fueling wise

Im using Standard GA16 injectors.. NO 5th injector or anything..

A Walbro motorsport fuel pump and an APEXI SAFC...

An an adjustable fuel pressure regulator..

The car Is currently running about 160bhp now.. 128bhp at the wheels, to be exact.

...to be honest I think the 2.5Bar standard fuel pump, which is the same pump to come on 2.0 Primera GT's is more than capible for a lower boost application.

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
All Nissan fuel rails are 3 bar with the vacuum pipe disconnected at idle. (or after just having been primed with fuel, but not started with the pipe connected.) if your running boost then this increases, however at idle with the pipe connected and on over run the fuel rail pressure will be at its lowest. The fuel pressure should always remain 3 bar above the manifold pressure. If its not then something is wrong.

As for injectors, keep the max duty below 90% ideally 80% and you'll be fine.

If your going to use an additional injector put it after the AFM or it will kill it in pretty short order.

Ed

CMF_GTRHOLIC

» CMF Member
so the ga15 injectors are bolt on? no mods or mucking around? do you know if the emanage will run them? is there much difference between ga15 and ga16 injectors? does anyone know the cc rates for cg13 ga15 and ga16? thanks all

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
The GA16 injectors will be from the UK spec GA16DE, which we certainly didn't get in NZ, plentiful supply of GA15DE thou, "pick a part" has too many GA15DE's to count (all have had the throttle body / MAF removed).

Pinched from micra.org.uk
CG10DE & CG13DE - 148cc/min - common belief is 135, which may be correct, however i have it on good authority from someone with links to nissan in japan they are 148cc/min
GA15DE - 185cc/min
GA16DE - 198cc/min

CGA3DE are top feed.

From the specs GA16DE injectors should be good in a CG13DE for at least 1/3 bar.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
i don't think the injectors are a problem, its the fuel rail they sit on..... so it may seem the ga15's use the same rail?
Also with injectors you need to work out possible max power your going to produce add an overhead of 20-30%. That's why most turbo guys use the 370cc SD20DET (red tops) since they want not to change injectors again when they upgrade other parts of the engine. also need to check the resistance of the injector to match the ecu, the cg uses high resistance (14 ohm) most nissan injectors use high resistance, so no issue there.

so .5 bar is about 7psi so approx 90-110kw max? can't remember the calcuation but maybe 220-300cc/min injectors could be ok, (135 cc/min are standard injector size) from memory the ga15 injector was about 235 cc/min.... so it should get you started, make sure you install a air/fuel ratio gauge for safety's sake.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
u can upgrade to the r33 fuel pump like snoopy did, check out the articles bolt in link

i've read that the sr20de injectors fit a ga16de with no mods, so im assuming that you shouldnt have a problem with fitting them in IF the ga16de ones fit the micra with no mods

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
sarge3uk WROTE:

"i thought the sr20de you had to modify the fuel rail is this true

Why bump such an old thread? There's already a recent thread talking about injectors and about this very issue.

I'm repeating what others have said so many times in the past but i'll reiterate:

UK GA16DE injectors are different to the rest of the GA16 injectors found in the rest of the world. The UK ones fit the micra fuel rail, so for australians with an N/A setup, the best chance for injectors would be either those if someone shipped them over, or GA15DE ones which would be easier to get (as if you got the GA16 ones you're most likely to get given the wrong ones if asked locally).

Most people in aus have gone SR20DET injectors into a modified SR20DET fuel rail to fit the micra intake.

---dens

D1cefiro WROTE:

"Whats happening to your Nismo March Cup Computer????<BR><BR>U still got it?<BR><BR>Wanna sell it????

sitting at my place, you need the nismo distributor which im using, the computer uses a completely different wiring loom, its not a straight plug in... i had it running on my red car, but rough as, without knowing what exact engine specs it was tuned for and actually caring out those mods to your car, the computer is useless. but yeh, we'll be happy to sell you just the computer :D!

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Hey guys i know you have to shorten the sr20det fuel rail between 2nd and 3rd. But by how much and how do you actually do it. Sorry but the mechanics up here in Darwin are ****heads and dont want anything to do with it. Can someone post up some pics or is someone willing to make me one for the right dollars.

yeh, they will be ok, main thing is to get the rail sorted, after that you can get whateva you want, sard/hks/ blah blah, upto 850cc i think, maybe even bigger, for when you bolt on that t51r, and a cg13 that revs to 20 kagillion rpm

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
hahahaha nice well i got a fuel rail and set of injectors for 50 bucks. A sc13 blower for 100 and a saab intercooler for nothing. Shoudl not be long now just waiting on my TB and were set.... Now i need a fuel controller of some kind Hmmmm

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
this thread is older than god (i know) but i said i would post a pic of stani,s cut-n-shut and tigged 370cc rail, and i cant find the thread lol :)

Attachments

• 77804.jpg
    77804.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 51
Back