Transmission - Gearbox oil - Where do you fill it from :S

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Hey guys.

Ive had a look and i cant see where to put the transmission oil in from, and how much (theres no dipstick :p)

Anyone know? (pics would be nice :) )

Thanks for that Manny.

So i tried putting the oil into the speedo cable bit (took the cable off first obv) but the oil wouldnt go in :S. I lost about a litre (accidently pulled out driveshaft, i know silly me) but only about 200ml went in, which i think most of it went on the ground. The oil sort of just sat there :S

Any help would be great guys

the hole is small you can't just por it in you will need to get hold of one of these or similar idea !BczBgjwCGk~$(KGr&#72.jpg

looks like one of them 70's things you would find in the high school gymnasium
does it connect to a pipe??

you have to remove the 10mm bolt and pull the speedo drive out too eh suluR :grinning:

I removed the bolt with the speedo cable going through it out gearbox. Is that all i do? and then use that pump thing...

Bro just take the bolt out of the speedo cable where it bolts onto the gearbox, then pull the cable out of the box. It will have a small toothed wheel on the end of it, this wheel is your dipstick. Make sure the oil level goes to the top of the wheel and then your good.
You don't need to buy any special equipment it's completely un-nessasery, simply use a small funnel, bit of pipe or use a small oil bottle that you can manuver down there.

Just incase you aren't sure how to pull out the speedo, don't yank the cable, you will see that there is an oval shaped metal plate at the end of the cable (the bit that the bolt goes through), lift it from here, you may need to jiggle it from side to side a bit and then it'll just pop out.
Just make sure you don't over tighten the bolt when you put it back in of you'll nakker the threads on the box, just hand tight with a socket will do.

Back