Where do you buy your tyres from?

Hi, just wondering where everyone buys their tyres from, I've been looking around for new ones for a set of 13" alloys I've just gotten hold of from JoelH, 175 width and 13" diameter, profile I'm not too fussed on, anything from 45 to 60, cheapest in the fast fit sector is like £60 new.

This can't be right, would anyone else here recommend anywhere else?

Also, I'm after some wheel spacers, does anyone know where to get them from, cheapest on the bay was a set of 4 for like £100. I'm after a 10mm set of spacers, maybe 20mm at the back for aesthetics.

cheers

Make friends with someone in the business, I get mine trade price :D

If you go on the kwik-fit website print the quote out otherwise they won't give you that price in store.

i goto national tyres.
my first tyres were Avons cr322 175/70/13, now bout £50 each fitted. best tyre i used till now, had good grip and lasted 22k miles for 2yrs.

my 2nd and current running tyres are yoko's a-drive, £25 per set cheaper than avons but it feels less grippy overall and wears at twice the rate (though that may have been cos of the monkey mechanics poor alignment since the yokos were fitted (+2.5deg off), i've recently sorted the alignment myself and wears alot less now) so imho not worth it. moving back to avons soon when the remaining 3-4mm tread goes.

the 70% profile gives me a more accurate speedo reading i find btw

i goto national tyres.
my first tyres were Avons cr322 175/70/13, now bout £50 each fitted. best tyre i used till now, had good grip and lasted 22k miles for 2yrs.

my 2nd and current running tyres are yoko's a-drive, £25 per set cheaper than avons but it feels less grippy overall and wears at twice the rate (though that may have been cos of the monkey mechanics poor alignment since the yokos were fitted (+2.5deg off), i've recently sorted the alignment myself and wears alot less now) so imho not worth it. moving back to avons soon when the remaining 3-4mm tread goes.

your fronts are gonna wear quicker now paul, you,ve got more power now dont forget :p

only if i 'm constantly thrashing it off the start or round corners like a madman, which i don't do too often, and my recent readings are the front wear rate has dropped since straightening the alignment

National is quite expensive, on the Saxo I used to have, rolling on 16's, I could get tyres for £25 each... these 13's I've got look like they're gonna cost £40 or so...

I buy mine from mytyres.co.uk and then find a cheap fitter nearby. I've got goodyear eagle F1's on my Glanza but will probably go back to Toyos when i've wrecked these

looking at the avons cr322 i had before, national is really expensive these days at £205 a set fitted. tday i had some toyo t1r 195/50/15 fitted on new rota grid alloys. the tyres were off camskill.co.uk £125 delivered. kwikfit fitted em on the new rims for £30.

the cr322 at camskill is real cheap, £137 a set delivered, add £30 fitting = £167

Back