track micra :D

micra being built for mondello park in jomo engineering for 2011 or 2012 as my first track car
Photo0376.jpg

Photo0377.jpg

Photo0378.jpg

no work done yet
will be fitting a 1.4 engine from a pulsar stripping it seam welding a cage and suspension work and whatever else is needed:p

to see some of the other jomo cars search jomo engineering on face book (Y)

very high standards in itcc the jomo evo was built by the crew which i start working with this summer :grinning:

i will not crash :p wont be out with racers and i will possibly take it off and get a fiberglass copy instead when i get some money together

Keep the 1.3 (if it's got one?) don't think the pulsar engine will give much bang for buck?Looking good though, sell the bumper, you will get some money back.... There rare, good luck :)

just use the GA16de from the primera/almera/sunny exact same as the 1.4 pulsar engine but MOAR POWRZZZ!! :p just make sure you use a pre-nats p10 primera as the ecu should be a straight enough swap! how much is the swap going to cost you?

its all gonna be just time and work i can get the 1.4 for free and its only a 1.0 now i could go 1.6 but i want to start low and race with skill not power (Y) the bumper is staying :p if not a fiber copy as i will blank the heads and just keep the spots or use one head as a cai

im more interested in seam welding caging and weight loss for now :p sr 20 could be done in the future when i have the experience out on track :blues:

ah right mate if its free then take it :D suppose once the base work is down then the 1.6 will be a straight swap then after into the car, what direction are you going in terms of suspension and that? full whiteline kit?

its all money man :p i didnt price anything really yet,i want to start with what ive got so far then move on to suspension have 15" tires pretty much sorted its more removing things than adding things atm :glare:

todays progress was just stripping the inside,,the car is a nice spec has ac electric windows central locking and a cup holder :p

hmmm if you want a good track car all those bits need to go mate, if the micras AC is anything like the almeras the brackets weigh a ton and change to manual windows or plexi and do away with them altogether!

Frank i read most of your blog, and understand how you got the camber like that but what springs are you using now? is it stock suzuki alto springs all round with stock dampers?

anything thats useless in the car will be gone :p ac is heavy in them as far as i know,, all interior is being dumped, all i will keep is the bare shell,loom,seam weld and cage it,1.4 engine and suspension and 2 seats and harnesses :wasntme:

if you have a look at jomo's other work you will see how high quality the work is,the jomo crew built the only itcc car to do sub 60 sec in mondello park :p

Frank i read most of your blog, and understand how you got the camber like that but what springs are you using now? is it stock suzuki alto springs all round with stock dampers?

no eire, we have matiz front legs with civic rear springs on the front, and matiz rear springs with modded stock shocks on the back :grinning:

finished stripping everything except for the dash gotta dump it all first :laugh:
should have the 1.4 on sunday and clean the car out on saturday and begin takin up dat sound deadining stuff and the likes
Photo0383.jpg

Photo0382.jpg

Photo0381.jpg

instead of putting the 1.4 in why dont you leave the 1.0 in and compete in the F1000 Rally Championships. Cheapest form of championship out there and the 1.0 micra is perfect car for entry. Just a hint look into it!

how do you plan on getting rear disks on the micra lad? do you have a disk axle off a 1.3 or are you going to weld brackets on to carry the caliper?

yeah ive heard of it, over in galway myself not surprized you have a pulsar rear axle plenty of the westmeath boys seem to have VZR's, few N1's as well

the fella who owned the pulsar has an N1 a stunning car and about the brake plates if ther will be some involved it wil be made not bought :p

thanks man :),,i wont be doing the cage myself but jomo will and il be lending a hand as a learning experience,,il find out off him for you :p

izhierah bayjazarse so it is!
a vectra B 2.0i16v induction hose fits over TB btw and i had a viper on the end of mine
but needed to be remapped MPG was too much...as on the dole atm
ive got old 8mm split fire dual core leads iam going to adjust for my old gal
adda boy! :p

nice difference in the discs from the almera rear and the k11 front:p
heres the almera rear disc on the k11 hub backwards and above
Photo0396.jpg

Photo0397.jpg

why are you going for the 1.4?

just stick with the CG13, then put a proper mani, cat thru and decent back box, cams and decent induction?

will give you 85+ bhp which would be more than enough for your 1st track car IMO

then work on a decent chassis set up ala frank style, then go for some widish wheels.

bucket seat and decent roll cage.

you dont need to spend a fortune on it for a good setup.

tuned CG13 and a decent chassis will be more than enough and cheaper....

Back