• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

nissan micra hollywood revamp :)

hi everyone

i finally got around to starting my blog was messing about trying to find best way to do pics but ill just out links to dropbox in which is probly easiest.

ok so a bit about me, im currently 23, im a full time machinist, previous to that i reconditioned starters and alternators at a small place near red scar. im currently working through my HND through work which i should be done with by julyish.

my previous car have been a ford ka which i got when my mum went up to a sport ka, was first car and lasted the longest, loved it rly was a nice little car.

i got a few others while i had the ka, mk4 fiesta, basically took apart then scrapped, learnt a lot about how they went together etc tho so not a complete loss, then i got a 1l saxo with a few niggly bits, cracked front plate +bumper, missing a trim from behind door and generally messy, found about £4 and 100's of the twisty bit off the ends of joints scattered around the car lol, but sold that to a mate, never planned to keep it just move it on better than i got it.

i got an rs125 for a bit cause i had a ped (piagio nrg water cooled one) before i could drive and kinda missed it in summer but found that i like bikes but only in perfect weather and condition otherwise i rly dont have the balls for it if im honest, used to let off instead going hard to get the grip etc, just not for me lol.

back to cars i got a vectra ls t reg, that was a very nice luxury compared to the small cars, i had rly big plans for this but i moved out for a while and that car suffered s a result, it stayed at my mums in preston while i were in blackburn, i just couldnt get down enough to do the work, an i messed up because i bought all the stuff i wanted first and then had no money for the things i needed to do it, ended up selling most of it but took a big loss and was upset with my self for ruining it. cant find any pics of it atm but im sure theres some about somewhere,
after the vectra i got another saxo but this time i got a 1.6 VTS :) i rly liked it and the engine ran well, had load of problemswith the body though, first thing i asked the garage was does it need welding and they basically told my dont worry about that yet your wheel bearing are all .... dangerous etc, so i spent a load of money and got axle rebuilt, a new wheel bearings, and i did all track rod ends wishbones pads discs etc then they told me it needed welding. ended up losing that one cause of insurance issues blah blah that one upset me cause i was without car for 3 month and couldnt afford to get one. ended up cycling to work :(

then the good bit, housemates brother got a new car and was only gonna get £250 of them for his micra so i offered him £300, £100 a month and that how i got this micra :)

that was in end of february 2012 by christmas 2013 it had had a few changes, the exhaust had been fully replaced, mostly just standard but better midpipe an backbox, due to the hoopy bit rusting and snapping off the original backbox. i changed the dash because i cracked the plate on the first, new headlights, just standard because one cracked but they look better because there fresher :p, remote central locking kit fitted, was just a cheap £15 kit off ebay but it works well, i painted the steel wheels with some gloss white i had lying about :) had to fix the return spring at same time as exhaust, spring was still there so was nice and easy :) the last thing that got done around then was both rear sills got rebuilt as they had been repaired badly, just had a patch over, the support structure was just cut and left. was only my second attempt welding but mot said hes seen better and worse so ill take that as good going :)
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/z40k3vzmn8cvk0v/dEifqiOO9Z

got a burner thing for free from someone just round corner off freecycle, that was pritty cool, pic of welder only cheap but its not too bad tbh, better than 2 carr bats a charger jump leads and arc sticks anyways :/

so we were all good for a while then apart from mot guy saying he thinks that was it last mot and it would be wubed next time :( but then in may i got done for speeding and that took me up to 12pt by the time it had gone through it was 20th of november and a prize of 6month holiday from driving :(

that left me with a decision of get rid of car to pay fines or do it up while its off the road, i went for the later :) it was cold over winter so didn't do much, but the target date for completion is 1st of june as i should have license back by then, that keeps the presure on to keep working :) my aim is to have touched up every area either replacing with stock or improved if it is easy/cheap enough or cleaned up. i ant the mot guys jaw to hang open next time he sees it :p im around halfway through now but times running low so pressure is on :p

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/vtyjo7rj0b5ac5o/Dha1GnRGw0

next post will show more detail of whats been happening since i started the overhaul :)

ok so i started by ordering all the parts for the back end plus a bit and then tackled that end first. removed the axle, that all got cleaned up and painted, and built up with new struts (standard) new nodspeed panhard rod, 40mm lowering springs, new wheel bearings, new cylinders shoes, drums new lower links of ebay, and old upper links with polybush upper and lower bushes. all underside derusted welded up a bit of one of the beams and both the pockets where that flap thing is under rear lights was rusted so remade that.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tiop5z4yyh7bvxf/SduIYMxDbZ

after that i started thinking about the seats, thanks the the vectra i have some recaro seats which are nice and fancy, have electric height and inflatey lumbar lol, front are nice and easy i welded the feet of the micra seats on the the rails for the recaro's the back is a bit trickier, i dont like the wierd random pattern fabric it comes with and obviosly the back 60/40 bench from the vectra wont fit, (i checked lol wheel arch in way, vectra the arch is in middle of boot) so i took the fabric of both micra and vectra, shaved the underside of the vectra foam and the top of the micra foam then stuck them together, had to chop about half the armrest of to make it the right width. once this was done it gave me a single bench that i could use.

so the next step was to make the 60/40 covers into a single cover that i can cover the foam with, the upright back is now basically done, just need to stitch round the 3 edges where ive currently got it pinned, then i need to do the same for the bottom part :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4n52iayrpmp6of8/9t-vz5aSBo

Looks like great work so far, no more speeding eh? ;)
haha no not any more, to be honest i had mostly already driving fast cause its always me that gets caught lol, but i was rushing back from dinner a bit and had just put foot down a bit more to go up a hill and they were waiting at the top so only saw em as i got over the top of it :( i need to find a better outlet really :p think ill be looking into it more sometime next year :p

You're your own upholsterer? Nice one ^_^

Yes, finding another outlet instead of speeding is an excellent idea.
Perhaps take up crotchet? :p

You can always leave earlier as it's better than getting to your grave faster ;)

so after that i decided that i wanted to delete the sunroof, it wasn't leaking or anything but seals were green and i dont use it, i want to know if i could manage it because i wanted to do it on the mk4 fiesta so thought now's my chance to try :) came out ok, i basically made a baking tray with the rads made roughly and tried to get that in the gap left, it nearly worked but it was a bit off lol, i was hoping to push it in then tack from middle of the edges outwards evenly but ended up doing an edge then working the panel in and moving along, warped a bit but ive bashed it out fairly well i think, theres one bit that pops in if you push a bit but it forces itself back out so thats good enough for me. the lip further toward the boot i bent flat toward the boot then i simply stuck a big singular piece of sound deadening stuff on, i started from windscreen near the mirror, working along the spine out out to the doors, it worked out quite well as its made the shape easiest to make a new liner, i put a piece of insulating foam i had lying about inbetween the front lip of the sunroof area and the edge of the windscreen area as there was a pocket there which became flat with the foam and deadening.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/y031bbcehzny2z0/QSPB1Cj-s5

think its come out pritty well i need to sand the roof and do all the filler next then i can paint it matt black :) also got a standard fiat somat arial, just a standard whip ariel nothing fancy but gonna put that in the middle :) with the deadening you can give the roof a bit of a thump and its not echoey or anything thing so im happy enough.

at this point the engine etc was already removed and stuff but ill go into that in next post :p

lookin good hilton :cool: my sunroof delete was replaced with a solar panel :)

35242.jpg

You're your own upholsterer? Nice one ^_^

Yes, finding another outlet instead of speeding is an excellent idea.
Perhaps take up crotchet? :p

You can always leave earlier as it's better than getting to your grave faster ;)

yeh learning sewing as im going along, got a mini sewing machine which is ok but with more layers and stuff it struggles so ended up having to do it by hand :( prefer welding, it got pritty sparks and stuff lol

and it is :) im not in a rush any more now, tend to have more fun judging how much it peeing off the guy behind me that i making them do the limit :p

was thinking something more like banger racing or simialar lol, used to do RC car when i was younger but other stuff took over, think that's mostly what got me into the real cars :p

btw they were proper rc car not argos specials :p

thanks very much:)

i like it, thats a nice idea, does it just act like a trickle charger when the car is not in use?, think i saw a post a little while ago talking about wiring them up.

take thats a no more not starting in the morning :)
it allowed me to run the alternator at half speed (and very low belt tension) and i could remove the belt completely, and commute 35 miles a day in mid summer :)

35243.jpg

still got a few bits to do with the back end, there two hangers for the bumper the i need to weld on, there pretty much made up just need the hole making and putting on, the spring need turning over and the brake line need making up, not completely happy with the first sill because it isn't straight but dunno might make a little flare or something to cover it up, the fuel tank and strap were painted up before the were refitted along with the filer pipe and bias valve, so just the finishing touches really, got some new struts on the way for the boot door, i fitted a solenoid ready for wiring the switch and fitting to the dash when that goes back in been tested and works, its been de-wipered, boot will be made up for the sound sytem when ive got the seats in.

Ok so to the front end :) basically after the back end was back on i ripped the front apart got the engine out and tidied up in 2 days, then decided that i will get the the car side basically done bar finishing touches, so engine + gear box is going to be the last bit to tackle.

I've no lift so i just jacked the engine down eventually transferred it onto an old sheet of MDF and dragged it out :p then i ruled out doing any serious bay work, i.e. full smoothing, main reason time, second effort :p gave it a clean and a couple of coats of the diamond white that were left over from the wheels, car will be Matt white but figured gloss should last a bit longer in the bay. to paint it i had to get firewall cleared so stripped all dash out, was a good excuse to get the soggy stock deadening out :)

o yeah before i had painted the front part where the light go and the lower beam i split all the joins for the lower beam and managed to get that out and i welding in a replacement, love how cheap that was think it were like £12 for new one of ebay :p then on the second coat i covered all this area :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/74p95r5qaf1dg2x/FZJmHeZmpR

inside the bays has had a couple of coats now, not perfect but good enough cause i ran out of gloss white now and ain't buying another lot :p outside of the front needs another quick coat of matt, now that the bay is done and the sunroof is done (well cutting grinding etc) i can start putting the dash back in etc. and making new roof liner / floor liner.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/bp0ywtmt4md7vk0/MJXI5iA-1C

got most of the interior trim paint matt black now, did it with rattle cans for ease, should have spent more time sanding smooth but cba so they are now 'textured' :p there was a small rip in the fabric bit above stereo/ glove box but decided i couldn't spray that anyway so that has got a piece of the black fake leather i used for the seat middle glued on, should be ok as when refitting the dash should pull it tight and keep it secure.

i've got a guide to shorten the shift lever, its all out and ready just getting round to it, should be good, longer throw shorter handle.

most of the brackets and stuff for the ARB steering rack and wishbone are cleaned up and painted, along with the clips for stuff like cables and filters etc.

oh oh i forgot to mention on the back, i saw somewhere in a discussion about anti roll bars about strengthening them, don't think anyone had done it but it was just a suggestion put out there and i thought i cant really afford it and don't really need it but i'm interested so in the dip in the middle of the rear ARB i welded a bar straight across the gap to make it stiffer, its free so i'm just gonna see how that feels, i did the same on the front too.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/s5qaglevkqp2oag/1sjqsReviW

erm other than that atm i'm trying to just get a sort of progression system going my shed has all the fresh removed parts and bits that need attention, then once i've done with it and i'm ready to fit it i put it in the other shed then i can keep inside the car clear to make the carpet.

ill try and remember whats in the done pile but will no doubt forget some :p
hub built up with new bearings +painted
new wishbones
new strut, new spring (40mm lower), old bearing stuff (ordered but got some massive thing the size of the spring :/ )
ARB strengthened + painted
new droplinks
new track rod ends
calipers cleaned up + painted, new pads, new disks
various interior trims only missing the back two panels and parcel shelf bit i think, (need more matt black spray lol)
new radiator, (standard saves cleaning it),
new expansion tank (its white not old yellowey brown :p)
erm the top piece and vertical piece from around the radiator are painted up
new driveshafts,
front seat need a clean but rails are done, will need to wire up the motors for the height,
engine mounts cleaned + painted

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/a8p2atdyz7x3cez/X9FZGJK_yq

think that's it, got plenty to do though, got parts arriving ready for when i start the engine but i want the bulk of the car done first so i dont confuse myself between car bits and engine bits. at the moment i hoping ill get the back part of rear seat finished tonight so i can do the bottom part at some point, i want to get deadening done under the dash area then i can refit all the brackets, brake stuff, dash steering wheel + rack, ARB, wishbones etc

then ill be able to neaten up the wiring for the central locking system a bit and deaden the doors, deaden the boot and then if i've got enough deaden the rest, will probably have enough to get most, probs miss the rear seat bit. then once that's done ill probably just stick this acoustic carpet i've got straight on, not entirely planned wires and such and access to them for sound systems but ill work it out when i get there :p will do the roof the same way.

once that's done ill be able to fit the rear seats and sort them out, then fit the fronts and wire them up., then the interior is ready for finishing touches, (grab handles, sun visors etc)
theres also the boot to sort out, i already have a 12" fli which is easy fit amp built in thing, my mate had a 15" and no car so a freebie so decided that the spare wheel hole will be the box for the 15" with a false floor with 12mm mdf, gonna have to angle the 15" out a bit to try and miss the parcel shelf, gonna try and make enough room for the 12" to sit on top and put a grill over the 15" then get some new 6x9's and some new door speakers, i'm going to get a 18000w mono block amp for the 15", the 12" amp is built in and get a 4ch amp for the 6x9's and the door speakers. i want to run 4 tweeters too, 2 on front pillars 2 in the bit bellow rear window. not sure the best way to wire that in, was thinking of just wiring them with the left and right speakers but don't know weather they need a crossover or not? i think i will get an active crossover to balance the different amps.

after that all the inside should be done and the bumpers and trims can be put on and ill go mad filler and sanding to get all the shape back that i want and then it can be painted, its going matt white with the matt black roof. i don't have a compressor any more and spraying left me with the problem of where the hell to spray it, thought about getting a big pop up gazebo with sides and doing it in that but then i thought id just brush it on lol

the plan is to brush plenty on the sand it all down to get that coarse kinda look, ill no doubt end up sanding bits out and having to re-coat but hey ho we'll see how it goes.
hopefully then ill be happy with all that and the last leg is to do all the same standard, i.e. simple worthwhile mods, gonna try and do what i can taking advantage of the fight that it will already be apart. but i think time will become a factor in how much i do. ill have to accept some will have to come later :p

phew, been meaning to get this started for ages lol, think im up to date now. thanks for looking comments welcome, please be nice lol nice cheap car to practice a range of different skills :)

Thanks SirChris there's certainly plenty to get done, will be more constant with the update now ive got up to date lol its remembering to take the photos that gets me :p

ok so due to me getting out of bed so late yesterday (around half 3 :>) i was feeling pretty awake last night, that pls determination to get them bloody seats done spurred me on, pulled an all nighter and then only finished them around an hr or 2 ago :p im knackered but i did it :D just glad that there out the way now so i wont end up stopping doing something else to get them finished. the bottom is a bit too baggy as i didnt put all the metal rods that were glued in back in, was effort and tbh the back seat probly wont get used a lot and when then do id rather they be too loose and look a bit messy then be tight and rip as soon as someone get on. my main aim was so that they matched the front seats, or at the very least were the grey with random squares on it pattern lol. anyway pics

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/5tqwr773yrk0ldc/XAW66LvGxn

dragged the fronts out of the corner of shed too, they need a clean badly, and the seat rails putting on with the right bolts :p hex head dont really work past finger tight as socket dont fit :p got some cap heads ready, might do a seat test fit in a bit if i can push myself enough too :p i am itching to see them in :p

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/8hxrb4b2iunotu1/Qd6FzRm5rs

so i guess it time to start putting things back in it now eh :p

Nothing more done yet but some bits arrived today :)
4new tyres arrived and a bag of mixed size jubilee clips, and the adjust fuel pressure reg :)

The reg came with no instuctions but seems pritty simple on second look, checked the pic on ebay and read description on it again and basically in the bottom out the side (s) then 4mm nozzle for vacuum (guess I just stick a piece of tube from there to air I take tube?) The guage goes in the hole currently blocked with a grub screw, and crack the nut and turn middle to adjust. Seems simple enough :p

Also got a nice bargain other day saw a set of cams on ebay but didnt have money at time and it were buy it now, but saw it agin with a few days to go no bids but starting at £5 bit£50. So I put a max of 40 and got it for £5 an tenner postage :) bit gutted for guy selling em but hey ho good for me:) so nice set of 1.3 cams on there way to the 1l :)

Attachments

• 1398197196606.jpg
    1398197196606.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 382
  • 1398197228108.jpg
    1398197228108.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 355
  • 1398197242571.jpg
    1398197242571.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 370
I love to get a bargain ^_^

I won a book on ebay for the 99p starting bid plus £1.50 post...
...the postmark on the envelope said £2.76 ...felt kinda bad for the seller...but i left outstanding feedback ;)

Done about half what I got out to do today.

Put bodyfiller on roof gonna sand it then do another skim the sand again the first batch set waay too quick.

Got brake pedal back noticed the switch wasnt touching so adjusted that then fitted heater blower and put the dash back together

Removed old ariel tapped over hole for now

Sorted out sone wiring from behind dash, just spread it out and extended the passenger central lock wires to go right to the back out the way

Refited dash think it looks good, the yellow button is for the boot release need to sprsy a few more bits, jdm cupholder on its way ;)

Got the steering collum back in and speedo back in, having nothing holding the speedo cable all the way back made it easier than usual :)

By this time it was getting dark but started to wishbone but needed yo hamner and was to late so I know where im starting tommorow now:)

Ordered a Hayes manual of ebay for torque figure for engine as well
Few bits have turned up now for engine, got water pump and belt, valves, sparks, distributor cap, honing tool, ring compressor,clutch alighn tool, fuel pressure regulater, maf sensor, new pair of lock barrels with a pair of keys and a bag of jubilee clips

Attachments

• 1398553633293.jpg
    1398553633293.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 1398553677617.jpg
    1398553677617.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 381
  • 1398553698121.jpg
    1398553698121.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 373
  • 1398553720220.jpg
    1398553720220.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 469
  • 1398553741218.jpg
    1398553741218.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 344
Decent amount done today few little issues held me up but not too much

Fitted steering rack and arb, fitted new wishbones and the hubs, fitted the struts.

Also fitted new front droplinks and new track rod ends. Had issues with the droplinks thought they didnt need the spacer but they compressed so much they did so I knackered a nut cause it went onto the shank and wouldnt undo so I cut the nut in half a put two full nuts on, with the spacer,

Fitted the new driveshafts, I damaged the drivers side spline in the hub at some point so I filled the groves and eventually it fit in nice. Put the bumper mounts and bonnet hinges back on,

Just about to convert the shift stick to a short shifter and new to clean up and paint the lower rad mounts and then ahould be able to refit the rad and fan and put all the engine mounts and filter brackets etc back in the bay tommorow

Attachments

• 1398627357540.jpg
    1398627357540.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 1398627380802.jpg
    1398627380802.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 355
  • 1398627403418.jpg
    1398627403418.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 356
Engine bay looks brand new :) and spraying the dash makes a big diffrence :) I like the boot release that pretty nifty :) your going to take him for his m and theyll think he's brand spanking new :p roof is coming up well :) shame the sunroof had to go though :) x

Thanks clodo :) Glad I used gloss for the bay its a bit dirty atm full of hand prints and bits of dirt from fitting bits but should all wipe of the bay lol, will give all the matt bits another coat before I put the wings back on so it looks fresh :)

Could of left the sunroof if im honest but fancied a go at it :p

Rly happy with the look of the dash will look good when the rest of the interior is in :)

I cut up the gearstick before so thats ready to welded back together and put on
gonna get the engine mounts and brackets, bonnet bumpers grills and radiator and wings all back back on tommorow then I can see if any areas need any filler I can sand all round the car and paint:)
After that ill work on the carpeting inside and try and get interior done :)

You cut up your gear stick and it's ready to be welded together? :S x
Short shifter... Well the appearance of a short shift. I never know what makes a short shifter... Small travel under the deck... Or short throw at hand.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I gathered short shifter but wouldnt it have just been easier to just cut the top and get one of those black gear knob grommets ? Is that me being silly ? X

Basically cut the top half to make it look shoeter but will still move the same angle, extending the bottom bit means that it has more throw for the amount you move it.

Got a good bit done so far ill do another update later ;)

If you lengthen the shaft below the ball you reduce the travel needed at the top half to select a gear. Its basically the length of bottom half and shortness of top half that gives you a short throw

Okey doke i had a late night laat night, striped the door cards down and traced them onto new mdf, i then roughly cut pieces of fabric for ready to cover them later, i then cut a piece of material bit bigger than the old roof liner by that time i was sleapy so got a few hrs kip till it was better time of day :)

well the first thing I did after that was tidied up in the car so it wss empty and gave it a hoover then I went an bought some spray adhesive and stuck the fabric to roof

Then I stuck fabric to the floor, the roll would have been wide enought if the floor was flat in the middle but did it in two, the overlap is front seats so shouldn't be too noticeable :)

Then I wanted to get the seats shifted as they do take up a bit of space so did the rears first

Then started the fronts but it was getting dark and need a better 6mm allen key, managed to get passenger side done only got one bolt in drivers atm.

The rears could defo be better but im more than happy with them, they just a bit squashed in the corner that werentbthere before.

Im happy with the positioning of the fronts can move forward enough for good rear legroom or nrly no legroom at all :)

In the pics I put the pas side full forward and drivers full back to gice an idea :)

Attachments

• 1398723030654.jpg
    1398723030654.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 1398723054058.jpg
    1398723054058.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 341
  • 1398723075473.jpg
    1398723075473.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 368
  • 1398723093656.jpg
    1398723093656.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 1398723109676.jpg
    1398723109676.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 340
  • 1398723158775.jpg
    1398723158775.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 332
  • 1398723182959.jpg
    1398723182959.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 346
  • 1398723204403.jpg
    1398723204403.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 326
  • 1398723222891.jpg
    1398723222891.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 332
Found out that my piston rings arent coming now, there not in stock abd the couldnt find an alternative at bestpartstore I think it was called, pritty gutted tbh tool me ages to find them,
does any one know of any other suppliers of them?

If I cant get them easily for micra are the any other engine that use the same size that would be compatible (and easy to get hold of) ?

They moght be ok but id rather hone and fit new while it out and apart rather than as a fix when it goes, it is 170k old after all :p

Been trying to get the body back together to I can slap filler anywhere its needed the sand it all in one to the right shapes, the it will probably want another dose of filler and finish sanding then I can crack the paint put again. Got a nodspeed sticker with my panhard rod but the sticker is white so I think I might put some matt black down then put the sticker on then paint all the white and peel off the sticker. Could look good or bad but at least I can jusy resand and paint over if it goes bad. Roof will be going matt black so would lool good if the nodspeed matches that.

So ive got it back on it wjeels again which lools strange cause its been jacked so high for over a month now then today I got the bumpers, wings and bonnet back on, it looks like its starting to come togethet finally. Bonnet looks great now that it sits right, (bought a used bonnet off ebay, and some used hinges) old bonnet had flown up at 70 on motorway when the previos owner was using it, it was shutting fine but caught the wiper when you put it up and had about a 10mm gap from wing.

A guy on a bicycle went past and shouted eh its looks like a car again now, so I guess that a good sign:)

Attachments

• 1399217769681.jpg
    1399217769681.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 1399217814195.jpg
    1399217814195.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 1399217858340.jpg
    1399217858340.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 1399217874815.jpg
    1399217874815.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 1399217914321.jpg
    1399217914321.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 1399217947669.jpg
    1399217947669.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 1399217981927.jpg
    1399217981927.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 283
  • 1399218060683.jpg
    1399218060683.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 1399218096688.jpg
    1399218096688.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 279
  • 1399218113123.jpg
    1399218113123.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 262
Had to drill out all four of the bolt at the front sill for the wings, two top bumper mount block on drivers side and another somewhere else I forget which, but I forgot to do one for the accelerator cable as I need to take the brake tank bit off again to get at it.
Bonnet wasnt down proper on them photos too :p

Also does any know where I can get the grommets that fit in the gearbox beam in the last pic? I lost one and looking at the other its nearly split in two anyway, ill try ebay later I guess they'll only be a few quid. If anyone happens to know the part number that would be incredibly helpful :D

Attachments

• 1399218512460.jpg
    1399218512460.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 1399218530878.jpg
    1399218530878.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 265
  • 1399218671914.jpg
    1399218671914.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 250
Also does any know where I can get the grommets that fit in the gearbox beam in the last pic? I lost one and looking at the other its nearly split in two anyway, ill try ebay later I guess they'll only be a few quid. If anyone happens to know the part number that would be incredibly helpful :D
they,re a poxy rubber and nylon bush eh hilton, i ended up fitting 2 cottonreels and an extra bracket to mine, to stop the vibration into the cabin :)

84183.jpg

Nice work around frank, what thickness is that curl about 3mm steel? Also how difficult is it to get the bolts into chassis with that?

yes 3mm i think mate, tho it has a rib welded in the middle too.
and i fitted the bracket first, then lowered the support and rubbers into it, then the 2 lower nuts last :)
the rear rubber mount has too much movement with 130hp, and the extra rubber insert (arrowed) cured the excessive movement but increased the vibes near your feet :)

Few updates as I said I would a while ago been full of cold yesterday so did nothing :( it was rainy anyway so not too bad timing. New I got cold on Tuesday night and its nrly gone now lol

Anyway most of the parts have arrived now few bits been disappointed with. Ordered k11 wiper links got a pack with k12 in big letter on the instructions :( compared them side by side and long ones a bit too short and the short one is way off long ones also got two bends so need to send them back.

Managed to get most of the car coated in primer but it started raining and i had mixed up the last bit and it set but gave to roof first coat of matt black

Cleaned up the outside of the main block of the engine and sprayed it figured I could get a better clean inside if im not getting mucky hand handling it

Covered the parcel shelf with fabric and put the new speakers in, cut the holes in the door cards and put in the new components in :) might need another wiring kit but we'll see
Everythings here now except the 4ch amp and made a start on the boot build, ive got a bit of a sketch of it so ill hopefully get that done over the weekend.

Wind deflectors and clear side repeaters came too :)
Also the 'chrome' paint I ordered it actually says that its "shiny plated appearance" :p

Attachments

• 1400897877920.jpg
    1400897877920.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 1400897977087.jpg
    1400897977087.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 1400898000789.jpg
    1400898000789.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 1400898215012.jpg
    1400898215012.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 1400898245730.jpg
    1400898245730.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 1400898262848.jpg
    1400898262848.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 1400898275746.jpg
    1400898275746.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 1400898296056.jpg
    1400898296056.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 1400898309340.jpg
    1400898309340.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 241
  • 1400898344685.jpg
    1400898344685.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 258
A few more pics

As mentiomed cold is feeling like it getting better so hopefully I can crack on an hopefully get the chassis done,

Log book and license are both back so as soon as its finished I just need to insure and go :) skint now tho and payday and long ways away :(

Attachments

• 1400898432108.jpg
    1400898432108.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 1400898451632.jpg
    1400898451632.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 247
  • 1400898482687.jpg
    1400898482687.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 233
  • 1400898500397.jpg
    1400898500397.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 1400898517819.jpg
    1400898517819.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 245
  • 1400898530294.jpg
    1400898530294.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 1400898541271.jpg
    1400898541271.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 212
The bulbs came with then len's, and it won't flash orange without orange bulb won't it? And if I remeber right an indicator thats not orange wont pass mot?

Will still be better than all orange anyway

Thanks jen :) its coming along gradually, need to clean up some glue bits that are showing but ill do that when its fitted.

And cheers mazza I will grab some of them when I have money again :) will probs put the orange ones in till then if I get round to to fitting them before I get money :)

Managed to paint half of it white today but it started raining :( managed to cover the bit I hadnt primered first so will give it another good coat with brush then do it with mini roller set for finish. Then I can put handles and stuff back on :)

Back