Timing chain replacement instructions

Hi,

Does anyone know where can I find step by step ilustrated instructions on how to replace a timing chain / timing chain parts on a micra k11 1.0 1997? The problem is that i cant move the car for now....and I might have to it by myself. Maybe there exists something like tis 2000 for vauxhall, where for different operations they give you step by step instructions.

Thanks

Yes i did, all i found was a topic with ilustrations and everything but for a K12, I've just asked him if its the same in a k11:(

ahh, i assumed yours was a k12 in this section lol :confused:
the k11,s have 2 chains, but its a similar process, has yours snapped ?

For nou i dont have any ideea if its difficult to change the guide rail...maybe dont have go trough all the timing chain change process, the problem is that i dont have any clue of where can i find a guide rail....

there is a brittle long black guide on the front run of the lower chain, for which you have to take the sump and end cover off (and ideally the head too)

if it is...........there are about 12 x 10mm bolts on the sump, and about 10 x 10mm bolts on the cover, and the big pulley bolt, and 1 x 10mm bolt on the pickup pipe.
but the cover has 2 dowels as well, which might cause you to snag the head gasket while levering it off !

if it is...........there are about 12 x 10mm bolts on the sump, and about 10 x 10mm bolts on the cover, and the big pulley bolt, and 1 x 10mm bolt on the pickup pipe.
but the cover has 2 dowels as well, which might cause you to snag the head gasket while levering it off !
Can you tell me how to get to the oil pick up pipe bolts as want to remove lower front timing cover seems impossible.

Yes and removed the 10mm on the oil pick up pipe but has ow to get the 2 x 10mm Bolts of the pick up pipe itself I'm guessing I will have to split the lower half of the engine.

Back