Welcome to the new forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Chairman
Well, you're probably wondering what the heck has happened to the forums? If not, then this thread isn't for you.

Anyway, down to business...

New Features
  • Enhanced BBCode
    Basically, there is a lot more you can do to your posts now, the posting interface has been tweaked to make these options easy to understand, I hope. New BBCode tags include Bullets, numbers and better font modifying.
  • New smileys
    At the moment, there are just the basic ones, and of course, Slim's smiley has been kept *slim* I will add more later, provided they fit with the forum
  • Away feature
    Quite a useful feature, this one. In your control panel (In the link on the left), you have an option to go "away" and specify a reason and date you will be back. This is useful if you are going on holiday etc. The away message will be displayed at the bottom of your posts, where your signature is.
  • Multiple attachments (official members only)
    This allows you to upload more than one image per post, which should abolish those blatant post increases that people do. This leads me on to the next point...
  • Attachment positioning (official members only)
    You can now choose where in the message you want the attachment to appear. Once you have uploaded the attachment, there will be a button saying insert into post, click it and the relevant code will be put into the post, allowing you to control where the image appears.
  • Additional profile fields
    Speaks for itself really, at the moment, there is just one allowing you to choose which Micras you have owned
  • Buddy list
    Self explanatory really... :rolleyes:
  • Lots of other features that I can't remember right now
    So just play with it and discover what else you can do!

For the resident geeks out there, this forum is based on PHP and MySQL so should run faster than the old 'Ikonboard' software running on CGI/Perl.

That's it for the new features, I'll leave this thread open for you all to pester me with any bugs/comments you may have, but don't be too harsh, Ed & I have spent a while getting this set up for you lot! :p

Regards,
James :)

Finally got registered.

looks ok, certainly different layout and options.

I will give feedback in due course

Welcome New site etc. Sure to change slightly as we fine tune it, and get more content online.

Welcome one and all. The MSC has entered a new era :)

The Google ads should have disappeared for Official Members, can you confirm that Nis? :)

SR the big ass avitar makes it feel like i'm reading a really narrow band of text down the right hand side, couldn't you re-size?

OK, updated, this is what the colours signify:
Bronze = Web access only (no stickers - for international members)
Silver = been with the MSC for less than a year
Gold = been with the MSC longer than a year
Platinum = been with the MSC for 2 years+

Edited: typo :rolleyes:

Silver = been with the MSC longer than a year
Gold = been with the MSC longer than a year
Platinum = been with the MSC for 2 years+

But silver and gold are the same?

And are we going off membership, or official membership?

RE: RE: Welcome to the new forums!

MA12:) said:
so does that mean i'll be a platinum member from tommorow?

I've been a member since Dec 2002 :p
Yep!

micra_pete said:
my i recommend a smaller name font, and perhaps just the name in the colour rather than a letter also. would look much nicer
I agree with you, the letters were just a test thing, they seem to interfere with the links too much, so i'll get rid of them in a sec.

SR_Micra_Boy said:
But silver and gold are the same?
My bad, lol I didn't change the copy/paste - read up, I've updated my post. (Silver = less than a year, Gold = 1 year+)

OK if it wasn't you then who else? Can we have some kind of justification for the reputation marking. I don't rite mind but it's not that fair, doing it in secret.

micra_pete said:
im not even a member

also

allowed to post once every %1$s seconds

my earth numbers are not like your numbers
Hmm, was that the flood protection?

Oh, and Ed needs to speak to you about membership - It just expired apparantly.

MA12:) said:
OK if it wasn't you then who else? Can we have some kind of justification for the reputation marking. I don't rite mind but it's not that fair, doing it in secret.
I think you can see who's given you what in your control panel. (Or at least for the last 5)

Latest Reputations Received (Current Reputation -1)
Post Date Received Comments
RE: Welcome to the new forums! Today 11:29 AM smells of wee

Positive Reputation Given (Points Given)
Negative Reputation Given (Points Taken)

Sorry, but couldnt help laugh at the wee thing, lol

Attachments

• page 3.JPG
    page 3.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 327
Just a suggestion, would it be possible to change pages in the longer threads, without having to scroll up to the top of that page? Dunno how difficult this would be to implement but would imagine it's possible. :)

Rusty said:
Just a suggestion, would it be possible to change pages in the longer threads, without having to scroll up to the top of that page? Dunno how difficult this would be to implement but would imagine it's possible. :)
Doing that right now :)

James said:
The Google ads should have disappeared for Official Members
I still see the one in the top right hand corner and when I click the link to "remove adverts when I become an official member", I get a 404. :(

Ahh, hold on - I need to update the number of members that dont see ads, it currently only hides them from admins and gold members.

OK, they should be gone now :D

I really think we should be able to see who's giving us feedback, thanks for the plus marks people :D

Testing testing 123 i have to turn off the email notification its driving me nuts lol

i think it would be good if that thing on the left "forum links" was an option, ie open/close cos it seems to waste a 1/4 of the screen and i cant get rid of it

nice to see it all upand running finally.
good feedback from the poeple aswell.,.

msc moving on up.......

Attachments

• emily.jpg
    emily.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 325
oh yeah an i didn't strickly join on nov 2004, is this gonna change? i see ed's is correct. will this be altered later or are we all starting a-fresh?

Dave

New site layout looks kool, will take some getting used too though. I only got 1 star and 2 posts now though. :( :p

Edit: Ok so I got 5 stars hehe. :D

ITs __VERY__ differnet many people used to the old one may not like it but the whole point of the change is to bring the site back into the club, and not just based on the fourms HENCE why from here now on the fourms integrated with the site not a totally seperate thing. It will mean many big changes :)

For example, the guides sections:
http://69.10.158.25/forums/guides.php?car=k10
http://69.10.158.25/forums/guides.php?car=k11
http://69.10.158.25/forums/guides.php?car=k12
http://69.10.158.25/forums/guides.php?car=gen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back