tig welding

They are DC invertors tom, you can get Chinese ones cheap as chips.
Sounds like you have 'scratch start' azzy, as opposed to high frequency start. Do a little research and look up 'welding tips and tricks' on YouTube. Some very helpful videos by a guy called Jody.
TIG is like riding a bike ;) you'll get there.
And no, you can't get electrocuted from holding the work.
I would highly recommend an 'auto darkening' helmet if you don't already have one. Otherwise it makes like very hard when starting the weld.

you can lead a horse to water....

I never thought to flick the filler rod, will give that a go on monday :) I usually just quickly flick my wrist so the torch moves in an arc that JUST touches the work piece at the closest point to the metal

pyve4upe.jpg
ybanupus.jpg
e2y6u2e2.jpg
a4uvyba8.jpg
enuo am I doing it wrong ? Is the ground on the right line ? It's not welding but makes holes on low settings ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A better welder or to move faster
It burns a hole soon as I leave on lowest setting just by striking it ? Sounds funny welder tig I thought they slow ? And I can work with slow hands and feed the rods as I go ? Or u think the ground is wrong way? Coz my mig welder ground was wrong and it burned hole like that soon as I changed it, it worked so well

Thanks for the link, I have called the last owner who had the tig and he is saying maybe the gas flow wasn't at 10 to 15, am guessing his right, the ground line and torch I showed a pic of is in the right place so that's ok, he said it's really easy to make holes first time with wrong settings and low gas flow, and wrong steel with wrong gas flow can burn it instantly, I will try what he said next week probs

Thanks for the link, I have called the last owner who had the tig and he is saying maybe the gas flow wasn't at 10 to 15, am guessing his right, the ground line and torch I showed a pic of is in the right place so that's ok, he said it's really easy to make holes first time with wrong settings and low gas flow, and wrong steel with wrong gas flow can burn it instantly, I will try what he said next week probs

Aye. Pretty sure they just heat the air fuel mixture up so it combusts. Once its warm it combusts itself

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. But that's about as deep as my diesel knowledge goes

Close. they Heat the cylinder.
Diesel's need the heat generated from compression to ignite the fuel. When its cold the block will absorb the heat before it can ignite the fuel so the glow plugs are used to pre-heat the cylinder.

Andys right mate glow plugs are for cold start bad hot start tends to be injectors
Andy is right coz on my car my glow plug is gone shows on dash when it's cold it needs few starting with crank then it's fine so don't effect performance, am not sure about when it's warm tho

You'd only notice a glowplug issue on an exceedingly cold morning or on an old diesel motor where they're warranted. Modern engines don't really need them for the most part.

Anyway this is hot starting and on a tig welding thread :p

You'd only notice a glowplug issue on an exceedingly cold morning or on an old diesel motor where they're warranted. Modern engines don't really need them for the most part.

Anyway this is hot starting and on a tig welding thread :p
Hot strike start lol

Close. they Heat the cylinder.
Diesel's need the heat generated from compression to ignite the fuel. When its cold the block will absorb the heat before it can ignite the fuel so the glow plugs are used to pre-heat the cylinder.
Everyday's a school day :)

Thanks for the info :)

Back