Throttle Cable sticking

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I fitted my new rocker cover today,started the engine and the revs are higher on idle...you blip the throttle and the revs rise...but they either stay there or drop reeeally slowly.
Theres a bracket on the throttle body with a U shape cut out where the cable slides down into and on the cable casing theres 2 nuts.

1 nut close to me on the outter side of the bracket...then theres another nut further towards the end. Do i need to tighten the 1st nut to keep the cable in place? If not it slides up the bracket and come out.

I havent had to do anything with it before,but i moved it outta the way when i removed the rocker cover.

Just went outside and tightened the 1st nut,turned the engine on and it started to rev high,so turned it off and loosened the nut. It seems abit better but it still does it. Took some (extremely poor) photos on my phone:

2011-02-21181033.jpg

2011-02-21181050.jpg

And this is where the cable goes into...you pull it up from the bottom and it'll rev...

2011-02-21181124.jpg

When i rev it,the 1st nut spins but doesnt get any tighter/looser. I dont wanna drive it and the cable makes its way up and outta the top of the bracket

Dont worry! All sorted now :D The cable in the little clip on the Rocker was pulled back a few mm too much. So pushed it forward to slacken it and its fine now :)

Back