Throttle sticking

Hi I have a 2001 1.4 auto micra that has had this problem for a while and seems to be getting worse.
When you are driving and you let off the throttle the revs seem to stick for 4 to 5 seconds but not every time more noticeable when going downhill I have changed maf sensor and throttle position sensor but no change have tried tps off ebay and second hand bosch one there is another sensor on the throttle body with two Allen key bolts but not sure what that is? Have also checked throttle is going back correctly and this is no play in cable. Other than that the car starts fine doesn't stall runs perfect has just done 80000 miles has anyone had same problem or any ideas? Has recently had a good service oil change plugs air filter etc.
Running out of ideas
Any help would be appreciated

Is it easy to remove throttle body? Do u have to replace any gasket etc and is it a simple case of remove throttle cable unbolt unit and then take all sensors out then clean with intake cleaner wipe out and replace unit. Does it need to be reset or anything? Just want to make sure before I start

Update : I have removed throttle body today and it was very dirty unbolted all sensors and gave it a good clean put it back on and guess what still the same the only thing I have not tryed is the sensor faceing the bulkhead gave it a clean but maybe try a new one I think it must be the idle control valve if its not that then I give up!!!

the i/c/v is a stepper motor on the coilpack models eh steel, you need some diagnostic software and a usb lead really (or bluetooth)
and that will show you what the i/c/v etc are doing when the throttle is sticking :)

Back