Sticking Throttle

CMF_Jay

» CMF Member
Micra K11 1.0 Passion, after you have revved the engine the pedal and the cable return to the idle position, but the engine revs stay high for a few seconds then begin to reduce to normal speed, this happens all the time, do you think the Throttle Bpdy re-soldering will be a good idea? I have checked the cable and where it connects to the throttle body and they are free moving and there is lots of springy resistance in the TB.

CMF_Jay

» CMF Member
Hi Kneival, many thanks for the reply

I was going to replace the throttle cable first but on closer inspection the cable is moving free and easy and there is a little slack on the TB end, I did try disconnecting the cable and moving the twisty thing on the TB by hand and got the same result. It did spring back very positivley but the revs stayed up for a bit. Do you think the breather pipes could be bloked? They do look very dirty...I did clean the little pull out filter just under the air filter but I'm thinking maybe the pipes are gunged?

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
Not sure, I had a similar problem at one point too (when the TB cable was tight the revs bounced a bit then dropped not really how you describe it).
When the revs were high and dropped after a few secs im sure it was a leaking throttle body gasket or vacuum pipe, however after poking about it fixed itself and I could never work out what the problem was!.

Be worth checking your vacuum hoses for breaks and any hissing sound from the TB gasket?

CMF_Jay

» CMF Member
Thanks guys, your help is appreaciated, I will have a look at it tomorrow afternoon (when I can drag the car off her) and let you know. Hopfully not the TB gasget, would this be a big job? I'm not a full on mechanic but not a bad DIY person, used to own Mini's

CMF_Jay

» CMF Member
Doesn’t seen to be TB gasket or vac pipes, not done tissue paper test, not been able to get it inside a garage out the wind.

Do you think throttle and carb cleaner would do the trick? To be honest when I tock all the air induction kit off everything looked clean, and looking into the mouth of the TB the parts were free moving

Back