• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The Green Machine

Bought the car stock in July 2015 as a fairly mint example of a 1998 equation. However the car has its faults and they need correcting, and the car needs modifying to look and sound way better. Including some major modifications. this is my journey of owning this car and the mods I do to it.

Last edited:
This is the stock car. It has its problems, not major ones though. Needs a new CV boot to get through MOT in February 2016.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 310
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 320
Last edited:
First mod, spray painting the grilles. This was really easy, six 8mm nuts in total under the bonnet. The only problem I ran into was the bolts hadn't been removed since 1998 so they were difficult to get off. I used an extension bar and it was fine.
If you're doing this, make sure to clean the chrome really well.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Latest mod - blue sidelights. This was a really simple job to do, the only problem was getting my hand into the cavity between the frame and the headlight to undo the connecter. Also it was hard to unclip the connecter. If you're doing this, have a pair of pliers at the ready.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    652.5 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    827.1 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    785 KB · Views: 258
Also took the micra badge off the back in a bid to make the rear look cleaner, was a horrible job really, took aggesss to remove the 17 year old adhesive residue.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 275
LTT in a garage! A rare sight :eek:. The silver Nissan badge wasn't colour coded with the grills, so I painted it black. Easy job, the badge is clipped on and also adhesive'd on so I used a hairdryer and a Subway card to get it off :). This annoyed me though because the newspaper I was painting on kept flapping onto the wet paint, ruining it and I was also running out of paint to correct it. :mad: All in all, I think it looks way better against the black grills

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    779 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    854.1 KB · Views: 253
Cleaned her today, she was very dirty as I took her offroading yesterday o_O But she's looking good now. Next on the list of mods is probably going to be deflectors for the windows.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 17.53.22.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-24 at 17.53.22.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 363
So she's back on trims, sprayed them black too! They're not great and will need a bit of a touch up when I get more paint but they look satisfactory to me. Also really should of cleaned the mud off the tyres first, I'll post another photo when I've done that :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 291
You may have noticed I've been a little inactive recently. This is due to me having no money to spare on the car. :(
However, I got paid yesterday so I'm just waiting for the money to clear into my account and then I can get back to the car!:D

Changed out the blower motor resistor card and now the fan works on all 4 speeds :). Didn't want to go through another winter with the only option being full blast.
Only cost me £8 and it's made a world of difference. :D

She developed a misfire recently so I've whacked in some new plugs, which seems to have solved the problem.
Not quite sure how because the old plugs look fine (photo shows plug from cylinder number 4 but they all look the same)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
213a3c004d6adb6ea838f4d389e922f1.jpg

Back