• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

The 1.0 Shape :)

Hi all, I got my micra about a month ago now - I was super lucky, it came into the boyfriends garage, failed its mot, owner couldn't afford to fix it (It just needed a couple new tyres and a sill welding) so i paid for the new tyres and bam - new car :D

P1010032.jpg

P1010030.jpg

Anyway, it seems to be in pretty good nick - few little dents and rusty spots but nothing serious so I was pretty happy with it! I haven't changed much yet, only just got home from travelling and not yet recieved my first pay check so I'm waiting on that before I can do anything remotely expensive, but here's my slow slow progress so far;

De-sticker

Before
01.jpg

After
02.jpg

Painted the handbrake cover (Wish I had a before pic, it was scratched and wrecked so bad!)
Micra003.jpg

The steelies were filthy and had been really badly painted in black, so I began cleaning them up and got rid of all the flaky paint before changing the colour..
P1010039.jpg

P1010040.jpg

P1010047.jpg

Still got a bit to finish on the wheels - today going to paint the rims white because I did a really bad job on that bit:oops:.. But this is how the cars looking at the moment
Micra021.jpg

Micra024.jpg

Oh, I also did swap a new headunit in and plans maybe for 6x9's somewhere possibly..

For some reason standard micras sit ridiculously high!! And since I painted the wheels it brings even more attention to this annoying fact.. So as soon as the money comes in number 1 plan is lower it. Until then, finish off the wheels, and see where my inspiration takes me! :p

Hats

Ha, yes white is definitely my favourite colour :rolleyes:

@Frank - I agree, the blue against the white doesn't blend in very well, I also think the nuts look a bit crap so I'm trying to get hold of some centre caps which I think I'll then paint white, depends what they look like on!

Ordered some blue LEDs for the dash last night, and also some micra.org stickers :) Looking at clear repeaters today - does anyone know if you can get the orange bulbs for them just from halfords or somewhere easy?

Cheers guys - Maybe I'll order them and if they come through without that website seems pretty dam handy!

Today, I fitted my LEDs (came through super quick) might put some pics up later when it gets a bit darker but it looks pretty cool! And I also took out the heater resistor card and soldered a wire over the broken gap - now my fan works on all 4 settings :D

P1010096.jpg

(Not my wrinkly hand in the picture!!)

On the way to my boyfriends house there are some serious speed bumps some concrete-happy local created themselves which are both frustratingly bad and invisible.. Anyway one of them is particularly high and sharp so took a pic to make sure there's enough clearance to lower the car and still get over it!

P1010095.jpg

More space than I thought there'd be considering all the gouged scrapes unlucky cars have left behind..

Back