• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Micra SR and some of my 1.0 Shape

Scouse boy

Buy & Sell Member
Hey guys, should have really started this thread some time last year but im doing it now ;)

Ok so first is my 1.0 shape which i bought for £700 with 40k on the clock. Pretty nifty little car and not to bad performance wise.

Image016.jpg

Image017.jpg

Image018.jpg

Image021.jpg

So after a year of problem free motoring, i decided to upgrade to something with a few more gadgets. I decided to buy Aidan's (Tredderk11) SR on a 97' plate. had about 100k miles on the clock but it was something I have lured for ever since entering the k11 world ;)
So i picked up the Sr from Chesterfield, and it was exactly what I was looking for and for a decent price! It had the 2 front seats in and everything else was taken out. All the interior was provided so a night was spent fixing it all back in. I loved the drive back home as it was lowered and the tyres had plenty of grip. The smile on my face was beaming!

Ok so the spec for the SR is:

lowered all around, I cant remember the measurements so maybe Dan might be able to shed some light on this.
OMP front strut brace
15' Alloys - cant remember the name but this shall be changed when i do hehe
tinted rear windows and rear windscreen
Decatted
3' back box
induction kit
Open mouth grill
tinted rear lights
eyebrows
driver's harness
front megane splitter
wind deflectors

now for the car itself:

1.3 SR
electric windows
ABS - front and rear discs
power steering
wider front seats
splitting folding rear seats
sunroof
clear side indicators
lights in bumper
bonnet and fuel release

and here are the pics, more will be added as the thread comes along:

nextcar2.jpg

nextcarmodded.jpg

mymicra3rd.jpg

micrasideon.jpg

The car has now got silver side wing mirrors as i wasnt feeling the chequered theme going on... more updates to come as i have a few problems with it at the min. check them out!

hey mate im loving the SR (Y) im kinda new to this and its a more kitted up version of mine, so i'm tryina get mine so it looks a bit more like yours,

sooo just a few questions.....

How did you get your black grill?
Where did you get your eyebrows from?

gotta say im loving the cars (Y)

cheers man, its my pride and joy lol. Post a few pics of yours dude.

I took a coping saw to it, took out the centre, filled in the sides with fibreglass, primed it, sprayed it and then applied laquer to it. The eye brows are made out of sun strip but you could probably use insulating tape if you wanted to.

Cheers mate, just ordered some red vinyl :)

and yea im goin away this weekend so will take some pics, and get em on here,

but sorry mate, i meant how did you get the black grill on the Red 1.0 K11

Mint!! cheers mate, ino im being very intrusive, but i really like the black grill on your 1.0, so im wondering did you use just standard matt black spray paint??

Looking good matey! You lucky boy having front and rear discs eh! There all the rage these days :D

Keep up the good work..... and slam it :p

haha yeah im lucky man, quite rare apparently :S

mate i have to go slow enough over speed bumps as it is and potholes are a killer so will keep as it is for now :)

Update: Have MOT, Tax and insurance all this week! So the plan is:

fix ECU problem
Sort out handbrake cable on drivers side (Think its snapped)
re-fit Cat
... hopefully pass MOT

Also fitting my other SR bumper and small square registration plate
looking at going for twin exhausts on the back like Nis's

Erm, maybe change the front megane splitter for either a Laguna 97' or Ibiza

thats it for now folks.... oh almost forgot, will be respraying my wing mirrors back to black :)

Ha fair enough pal! Twin exhausts will be a real nice touch. Look forward to seeing what splitter you choose.

Beautiful black SR, my goal is to obtain a similar shape result with my 1.0: already fitted the mud guards, SR tweeters, and boot wrap around spoiler, still waiting to fit SR bumpers :p
Waiting to see your splitter ! Take pictures during the installation ;)
Cheers
Seb

Back