R reg Micra Shape 1.0!!!

TURN3R

Club Member (Trial)
My Nissan Micra Shape 1.0 1997... I think it has a problem with the immobiliser (no alarm).

I don't really know what i'm talking about its some think to do with the immobiliser and the key and maybe the injectors.

Its getting the petrol to the engine but its not sucking it in. i dont know nothing about cars so help needed.

Any one esle had a problem like this???

What symptom(s) are you getting?

Not starting?
Starting then stalling after a few seconds?
Or?

Well its use to start then after about 10 sec's it will stall,
i then try again, but... about 6 sec's it will stall.
But now it won't do any thing. It turns over but it just wont start.
(the orange -check engine- light flashes aswell) at the dash board.

that happened to my yellow micra when i snaped the transponder ring around ignition. the nats system kicked in cost me £120 at nissan to have the key and pickup ring recoded .............

if there is a breakers yard near you? you can remove the ecu and transponder ring but they would need to have at least one key for the car you take it from (check they have it first). then just swop the ecu and transponder ring around ignition swop chips over in key very carefully should solve the nats issue and way cheaper than a trip to nissan.......see my k11 items for sale in buy section to see what everything looks like......alternative is find a none nats micra 1993 L reg is a good year to aim for get ecu and engine loom running from ecu to engine bay then swop these over nats wont be an issue ever again

that happened to my yellow micra when i snaped the transponder ring around ignition. the nats system kicked in cost me £120 at nissan to have the key and pickup ring recoded .............

Really... well took me car to me local Nissan the other day, i'm hoping they can fix it. i'm gussing they can but gunna cost a arm n a leg, I think its having another diagnostics and having the codes cleared and reprogrammed ect... i'm sure he said to reprogram it, its goin to cost about £35.25. Will update tomorrow and it should be fixed (fingers crossed).

thanks for the replys guys.

if there is a breakers yard near you? you can remove the ecu and transponder ring but they would need to have at least one key for the car you take it from (check they have it first). then just swop the ecu and transponder ring around ignition swop chips over in key very carefully should solve the nats issue and way cheaper than a trip to nissan.......see my k11 items for sale in buy section to see what everything looks like......alternative is find a none nats micra 1993 L reg is a good year to aim for get ecu and engine loom running from ecu to engine bay then swop these over nats wont be an issue ever again

cheers mate, going to see what Nissan say then i will look into that. cheers!!

If you have a pre-facelift model, there will be a fusebox between the battery and the passenger side headlight.

Check the fuel pump fuse and it's holder.

They are prone to getting damp and corroding the fuse/holder.

Ecu

Well spoken to Nissan and they said it MIGHT be thee ECU and they need to spend about 3 hours on it to actually know whats gone off. but for a hour's labour its £55. :(

so thats £165 for the labour plus the £70.25 for the diagnostics they did. And thats not evan to fix the car. I bet its goin to be in the £300+ mark:( ... I just dont know what to do. lol

what do you reckon guys???... Is it wearth it

Its allready been coverd mate go to scrappy and get ecu transponder ring and key all from same car it will only be about £40.00 swap the red chip over from key install the transponder ring around ignition barrell swap ecu over problem solved............or re wire engine side with none nats loom and ecu from none nats car............I have all items from a 1.3 so I dont think it will be any good for a 1ltr........

Its allready been coverd mate go to scrappy and get ecu transponder ring and key all from same car it will only be about £40.00 swap the red chip over from key install the transponder ring around ignition barrell swap ecu over problem solved............or re wire engine side with none nats loom and ecu from none nats car............I have all items from a 1.3 so I dont think it will be any good for a 1ltr........

Will have to get me car back and give it a go. Where abouts is the ECU placed, is it hard to get to?

got any links for pictures???

cheers mate

turn3r

it,s under the radio, on the floor, but i would check for a faultcode first (count the mil light flashes), incase it,s a fuseholder or injector problem, but if it,s a nats problem, perhaps a matching (second hand) transponder ring and key would fix it

To read the ECU error code
Remove the fusebox cover next to the steering wheel.
Switch the ignition on
On the connector at the bottom of the fuses short pin 1 to pin 2 for a second or 2 with a piece of wire or paper clip.
This will cause the light on the dash to flash in a sequence of long and short flashes.
Count how many long and how many short
You may get multiple codes i.e 14 Long, 1 Short, 14 Long, 3 Short

Ecu..

Hello Nissan rang me today saying its the ECU thats nackered, they said its going to cost about £500+ for new one....
so going to scrap yard tomorrow to try and get one. Because i have a R reg k11 will it have it be a R reg or can be any other K11 to get the bits i need???

can some one please put up a list of things i will need. plus where i can find these parts.

cheers guys for your help etc...

turn3r

just take japseye,s advice, get the ecu, transponder ring and the chip from the key
my 1.0 ecu works fine on my 1.3 engine, btw

ECU + TRANSPONDER KEY + KEY for a FREE.

Well bin to scrap yard today, saw quite a few micra's in there :(

Question.... a transponder ring does it sit around the ignition barrel???

Basically i got a ECU + transponder ring + the car keys. Got these all for FREE :p gave all these parts to Nissan, Hopefully it will be fixed monday evaning.

Thanks guys for your help.
cheers!! :)

ECU getting wet....!!

FINALLY my car fixed, Reason was because water got into the car and got to the ECU some how...

what can i do to avoid this happening again, could i put somethink over the ECU so it don't get wet again...???

did you wash it with the air system on fresh not recirculated cause matt humphries said that can cause water getting to the ECU.

did you wash it with the air system on fresh not recirculated cause matt humphries said that can cause water getting to the ECU.

haha yes i did actually, that was an very expensive car wash lol. I'm never puttin on the air system on again. reason i put them on is i like the bubble-gum smell. Never again i tell thee...

Back