That's it Enough is Enough

hissyfizzy

Ex. Club Member
Time to give in and get rid of the pig. If you want it come get it £30 will do the trick.

I'm in Norwich

Most of the body is ok the sills are rotten 13inch wheels. Two carbs new leads/plugs/cap/rotor

I just cannot spend anymore money on the thing as it keeps going wrong each time the Carb is the fault but it can't be.

You need to be an official member to sell on the MSC, so your only option is to fix or scrap it :p

K10's are easily fixed though, so don't give up on it.

get another...there's plenty about....sell some parts and your halfway there already.....don't lose the faith :upside:

I spent 800 green ones on a reliant way back...the bloomin thing was sold for £100 when i finished it.... :doh:

Ok I've cooled off had a reassment of the situation and found the problem "now come the laughs"

That little Y piece at the back of the engine that the vacuum hoses fit to had a tiny hole, just a bit wider than a needle, if I hadn't have dropped it on my lamp when changing all the vacuum hoses it wouldn't have been noticed and now it's running again.

Major concern is the Distributor needs to be fully advanced or the car runs in Neutral/Park nicely but will run really slowly in Gear although idles fine.

I hate expensive Engineers who really aren't worth their Pay so now I'm not getting rid of it.

The cost of the repair, exluding the distributor which was checked and said to be fine

Cylinder head and associated parts £200 +

Anyone got a spare dissy forsale ? Preferably an electronic one from the facelift I want a known good one not from FindaPart or 1stchoice.

Cheers

Yeah Ive got one that you can try. Its off a 4speed manual and is electronic. Its working fine as far as I am aware...

If you can pay the postage and packing you can give it a try, and if you are happy with it you can pay me what ever you think it is worth to you. If it doesnt do the job then you can return it with no quarms

any use? PM me if you want to give it a go :)

Back