is it headunit or wire

so now i am thiking is my wire shot or is it my head unit, is there to know or do i have to spend more money and get a multi meter, mind you if i can get my amp working i can plug my mp3 into to have a music temporay, as i now relasied, negative off, then put in new fuses, then negavtive back on.

but i need to get my headunit working again, can all the ice people hurry up and get back on here. plz

i dont know, i was fittiing the amp in the time, discountected the negative, hooked all the wires up, my amp ground is on the boot lock hook.

so the power wire had no fuse in, so connected the neg back up, getting some sparks from it when i did, then i didnt get no sparks, put the power wire fuse back in, it is a 50 amp, so the two 25 amp blade fuse are blown, and the horn/hazzard fuse was born, so i replaced the horn/hazzrd fuse and it still wont come on, the radio wire fuse also blow, but the head unit 10 amp fuse blade didnt blow.

so know i dont know if the wires are working or the headunit.

the amp fuse blows everytime i put them, but i gues that cause i didnt disconnect the negative,

Sounds like you've mixed up a few connections somewhere and connected things where they shouldn't be connected. :doh:

Fuses will not blow without good reason, and never ever replace a fuse with a higher rated one in the hope it will stop it from blowing; it won't take the fault away and you'll just end up doing more damage.

Check and re-check all your wiring, then replace the fuses with the correct values.

it was working fine for many weeks, it only when i installed mine amp and the amp fuse blown and blown other fuse, as i had the neg and live the wrong way on the amp, so it probably is the headunit, but the headunit fuse didnt blow, so i am thinking the radio's fuse box, should know 100% torrmow with the multi meter

Some fuses don't always blow.

There could be another feed or fuse somewhere feeding the power to your head unit, when you get the multimeter, you can be sure of where the fault lies.

You clearly set the problems off when you installed the amplifier.

[QUOTEYou clearly set the problems off when you installed the amplifier.[/QUOTE]

ohh yess, too worried about stripping power wire to connectors, to double check were all the wires go, it did blow the horn/hazzard fuse, radio glass 2 amp fuse, and the amp fuse and scared the hell out of me, and wasted lots of fuse when the problem was staring me in the face, ahhh, but i am sure the headunit was not connected when i blown fuses, or it could be, i will know torrmow and thxs for your quick repalys

Back