Temporary insurance on an import

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Anyone here had to do this? I'm looking to get temporary cover (1 day) on the Glanza yet none of the day insurance websites list the Glanza, and you can't get quotes over the phone.

I don't want to have to take out a full blown policy before i buy the car, or even once i've bought it and sat at the side of the road sorting it all out! I wanna be able to get there, buy it and drive home.

I'm seeing it around mid day tomorrow so time is short!

Cheers
Arnold

As above you should be covered to drive any other car on your current insurance policy.

I would check with your current insurer, before paying out extra cover.

Who are you with?

Just change it over from the corsa pay the extra, then if it turns out to be a dog, change it back and get a refunded of the difference, most insurance companies allow like 5 changes a year free.

With the 3rd party thing, the car your are wanting to drive has to be already insured by another party, and you must have thier permission, if i was selling a car, i wouldnt still be insured on it, therefore i cant see driving it back on 3rd party as an option!!!

i wouldnt still be insured on it, therefore i cant see driving it back on 3rd party as an option!!!

on the thread for the car Kev posted up, the bloke said he couldn't sell it until now as he was still driving it so he probably still has insurance.

driving third party isnt not doing it properly, if your insurance allows you to drive another car aslong as its insured by someone then there is no problem.

Phone your company and ask if your coverd third party on anything, or just look at your insurance documents and it should tell you, and as long as the seller is still insured on the car then you can drive it totaly legal.

Take great care, a lot of insurance companies are removing the 3rd party cover from fully comp policies.

I know that it is an optional extra on my poliy - also IIRC, one of the assumptions that short terms insurance is that it is not an import or modified, both of those I think that it will be - can you not phone the temp insure people and ask?

Craig

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hehe

Yeah i got full insurance on it in the end. I was going to use temp insurance to get it home and spend time shopping around. I'm not fully comp on the corsa (no point) and temporary insurance wouldn't cover the car, so it was my only option. I'd rather do things legally and above board than not bother getting insurance!

Back