Insurance !!!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Wow, well I'm now passed the grand old age of 25, so I decided to phone up and get insurance cover on a normal K10 which also gives me third party (I asked specifically for this) on any other car and it came to the grand total of £264. There are advantages to getting older. Im so pleased with that lololol.

Fully comp added a few quid more, but was not necessary to have for other 3rd party cover, so I didnt get that.

Benefits of growing old!

Not long before you qualify for Saga holidays aswell. Now theres something to look forward to. :eek: !

i've noticed this too ed. Now that im 22 my insurance has dropped by £250 or so. a k11 would only cost me around £600 to insure :)

Mine's only £100 more and im only 22! who you insured with Ed? Mine includes £1000 ice cover but thats about it

i pay £245 tpft and i'm 23 with 3 yrs no claims 3 points and 2 claims in last five years. and that's on a 1.3 Si with my wife covered aswell (she only passed test last june), the beauty of being married with two kids i guess!!!

I paid £745 back in August on my K11 1.3 SR, with 1yr NCB, driving since 8th Jan 2004. Not bad for a 19 year old I don't think :)

year 1 > £1895
year 2 > £1450
year 3 > £761
year 4 > £480

first three years fully comp, now third party fire and theft...
just turned 22, four years nc bonus

For me, an 18yo bloke, 1989 1.2GS, £1360. But that's fully comp, which was cheaper than TPFT.

im with norwich union

first year was a 9 month policy but i got a years no claims bonus after 9 months which was 1100 fully comp on a 1 litre with modifications. today i got my renewal letter and now its 900 :D

Im with them too, they're very good on price it seems, they certainly quoted me happy! hehe

I pay mine monthly, less of a shock then hehe - £62.15 direct debit :)

i pay mine monthly and it still shocks me!! £186 direct debit,,,BUT ive hhad online quote from the same insurer,and it will go down to £104 so soon as my car is repaired on the 19th ill be cancelling and renewing it the same day!!

im with norwich union direct,,19 year old,3 points(sp30) 1.6 ,110bhpp car..modded

The micra is a fraction over £300 for me TPFT and I get third party on other cars too. :) Supra is £745 TPFT.

Just to advise most companies have an exclusion for under 24s being insured on anything other than their own car. You need to read the small print to check..

I think there's lots companies consider when quoting that make a difference on the premium e.g

postcode area - some areas are notorious for car theft hence higher price etc
where the car is kept over-night
the job your in, i think if your a teacher or admin based your gonna pay less ( i read somewhere)

Well mine was £2000 when i was 17 on a 1.0 L Micra K11 with only Alloys on policy. - Tesco

Got renewal from tesco - They wanted £1700 TPFT and im 18 and a 1/2 with 1yr NCB and 1 claim (not my fault) at 6000 miles per year! :eek:

Norwich Union came in and gave me a quote of £1172.99 TPFT everything the same. :) so with them. Still expensive though :eek:

im insured as a named driver through my aunty, fully comp with protected NCB £280 :)

i pay a grand total of £899 TPFT, unfortunately i am not allowed to drive any other car even if i was fully comp which is annoying.

anyway that is for being 22 and blessed with a DR10, SP30, 2 x claims in the last 5 years and now 1 years NCB

dave

My insurance is £238 fully comp for a 5 door 1.3 SLX , I have full no claims and no points. Been passed my test since I was 17 so that's 9 years I been driving.

I really feel for young people when they pass their test now.

When I was 17 I had an old banger, was a B reg 1.6 Ford Orion and that only cost me £670 TPFT which I thought wasn't bad when I was 17 - that was with Eagle Star Direct iirc

Just shows how things change over the years - God, I sound really old now lmao

I'm insured with Direct Line now in case you wondered.

Haha i know what you mean, I'm sure mine would be lower but I have (had) 6pts on my licence so given that £260 is pretty good. thats with 3 years ncb.

Mine was up for renewal in december and came £350 out at fully comp.

6 years no claims protected
the magic age of 25! ;)
x1 SP30

All mods declared like for like replacements
4k of stereo cover (this will be going up come the new business)

Got a quote on a standard Honda Integra Type R with just the stereo cover and that was £285!!! get in there lol!

Kev

Mine is up for renewal in March. Last year it cost me £245 tpft for me and o/h insured to drive, and that was before I passed. Oh there are advantages, to being old......plus the fact that Norwich Union don't care whether you licence is full or provisional (I phoned and checked). I had had my provisional since 17 (now 24), so I think that made a bit of a difference too. :D

LOL that's so funny, I just got some quotes on a 160SR out of interest - It's £200 less than I currently pay on my K11 1.3!!

Crazy stuff:

Attachments

• 160sr.JPG
    160sr.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 141
Back