Import insurance

B

Ben

After a convincing talk with Ian, im flirting with the idea of getting a glanza turbo but im finding it hard to get insurance quotes especially companies that do imports. Best i have come across yet is admiral/elephant who want £150/m for third party, any other companies...i tried adrian flux but got no reply..

oh and by the way do msc members get discount with any of these companies?

see the back of modding mags there is allways some good companys there, my friend got a good quote on his imported evo! if that is any help

sky insurance do imports and A-plan do.........ive heard bad things about flux,that there customer service is crap and do your claims slow

i would try A-plan...alot of gtr owners use them

Big_ben said:
After a convincing talk with Ian, im flirting with the idea of getting a glanza turbo but im finding it hard to get insurance quotes especially companies that do imports. Best i have come across yet is admiral/elephant who want £150/m for third party, any other companies...i tried adrian flux but got no reply..

oh and by the way do msc members get discount with any of these companies?

10% adrian flux if im right

must say big thanks to ian for all his help but we think we have come across a gem of a glanza so i will keep you all updated, not even going to go and look at those ones tomorrow anymroew

Warwick Davies are very good. UJCC (the club I'm involved with) have a discount scheme for full members, and they've been coming back with some very reasonable quotes (eg o/h's 400bhp Skyline, all mods declared for £584, when A. Flux wanted around £1.5k). Even non members are getting some good prices, although it's not always so competitive for the younger members.
Also try Diamond (yes I know it's for girls - you can still get a quote as a bloke) - I got quoted about £400 for an older starlet turbo earlier in the year, that was with 1 year's no claims and license held for 1 year.

yeah the car looks good. Its getting shipped next week, so theres another 6 or 7 weeks at least yet.

Its a white glanza with jap history, recent cam belt change and 100,000 km's on it. Totally standard example, totally unmodified, although ben was gonna pass up cos it wasnt black and because as he put it. "did not go pssshhh" :|

How much are you spending on a car.

My cousin has a import Civic Type R and he is 20 and his insurance is £1100!! Which I think is cheap!!

Ian said:
yeah the car looks good. Its getting shipped next week, so theres another 6 or 7 weeks at least yet.

Its a white glanza with jap history, recent cam belt change and 100,000 km's on it. Totally standard example, totally unmodified, although ben was gonna pass up cos it wasnt black and because as he put it. "did not go pssshhh" :|

one problem though it has manual windows which am not impressed at but aye as Ian says sounds like a gem, haha must have had his head blagged last night, the bloke who is selling it was aware of Ed's ST and little bandit too, says he would love to do something like that..im going to ring around all these insurance companies in a bit and see what the deal is though cheers

dont expect it to be cheap though liek you may think. Sure tyres might be a bit cheaper. But you gotta run it on optimax and really should be giving good services every 6 or 7k.

oh and no bad taste modifications. smooth boot = a slappin'! ;)

haha i know, im having bother getting a half decent insurance quote at the moment though, norwich union dont recognise the car. adrian flux want 3k, tesco say i need to be 25, elephant want £1991 for 3rd party and thats only on the 1995 model coz they dont recognise the glanza hmmmm might if these figures stay true probably wait till im 21 lol

Big_ben said:
haha i know, im having bother getting a half decent insurance quote at the moment though, norwich union dont recognise the car. adrian flux want 3k, tesco say i need to be 25, elephant want £1991 for 3rd party and thats only on the 1995 model coz they dont recognise the glanza hmmmm might if these figures stay true probably wait till im 21 lol

did you try A-plan?

aye a know jurgen like but the one a would be eying up is a gem, just a matter of interest, is a plan the one where you fill in a form and they say hey will get back to you? coz i a did n no reply

Big_ben said:
aye a know jurgen like but the one a would be eying up is a gem, just a matter of interest, is a plan the one where you fill in a form and they say hey will get back to you? coz i a did n no reply

best to phone them up...i do most off my quotes over the phone its better

i, do you know there number or not? Im having a bit more luck now, adding one of the parents as a named drivr has knocked a wee bit off. The thing is though that the glanza is the 1996 model and the stupid websites Admiral/Elephant who are the only two giving me decent quotes only have the turbo GT listed which only goes to 95 so ave been making me quotes using this as i imagine it wont change much though do you think if i ring them up they will be able to insure e glanza as appose to insuring it as a starlet GT? Have you got the number for this company RIK>

Buy mine!! it's a '95 with 50k miles lovely condition, 12mth mot and 6mth tax. Ok it's not a glanza, but it is a facelift it's here in a weeks time and I only want £3.5k for it. Go on you know you want it lol!

Attachments

• s26.bmp
    18.1 KB · Views: 219
Back