Insurance Thoughts

Okay, I just found out that the insurance company I'm with does discounts on members of car clubs and I didnt know this beforehand

Do any of you know if I phone up and say I am a club member (obviously once I actually pay to become a club member :p) it will discount my insurance from then onwards or would I have had to have told them before I carried out the policy in the first place?

Most club friendly insurance company's are only friendly to classic car owners who preserve their cars not modify them, best to ring them and ask

<Insurance cynic's reply> The administration fee will probably be more than the difference in premium :p

It's still worth mentioning, as this is information which they can add to your file and can be good ground for negotiating your renewal premium.

At almost 19years old, (the car, not me), I am starting to look around at classic policy options for the SuperS. It seems most start at 20, so worth making a short list.

Biggest pet hate with insurers is quoting you a price based on an excess value which almost equals the insurance premium itself. Inexcusable! :rolleyes:

Competition insurance can work quite inexpensive, it doesn't tend include windscreen cover though. I have 2 policies one tpft and one fully comp on different cars. Limit the mileage and they are the cheapest on the market by some way for me.

Back