Temperature knob clicking

The temperature control knob is not turning smoothly from blue to red. at the lower end it clicks and turns smoothly for about 2/3 of the circle and then clicks again at the end. The temperature is now all over the place. Now the hottest air comes out when the knob is at 3/4 red and then gets cooler again when you continue to increase the knob position.

Does anyone know how to go about replacing the control and setting it to the right temperature?

Thanks

The temperature control knob is not turning smoothly from blue to red. at the lower end it clicks and turns smoothly for about 2/3 of the circle and then clicks again at the end. The temperature is now all over the place. Now the hottest air comes out when the knob is at 3/4 red and then gets cooler again when you continue to increase the knob position.

Does anyone know how to go about replacing the control and setting it to the right temperature?

Thanks
Mine does the same. Must be some of the splines broken where the the knob fits on the shaft. I find a temporary solution is to sharply turn the knob in the opposite direction so it clicks and normal range returns. Then I just make sure I turn the knob very slowly, when I want to change temperature. It doesn't click if turned slowly!

sounds like the locking clip that holds the outer cable (like a rigid bicycle cable system) to the control module or ventilation unit has slipped out of line.
on a preface, you remove the middle console & radio to access the upper section of the heater dial mech.

u simply remove the locking e-clip, make sure the outer cable is slotted into its holder, turn dial to full hot to tension the cable, reinsert e-clip to lock the outer cable and test it works smoothly.

if the dial module end is adjusted and still grabs, then its slipped at the ventilation unit end deep behind the dash, which involves removing the dash for better access.

https://www.micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-106#post-674826

lube the cables while you have it apart - will make for smoother operation. btw it can be a bit of a pain getting it apart unless you've small hands!! I thought mine was broken for the same reason it was clicking, and got a 2nd hand one of a well known auction site and that did the same - lube was the answer, was only wd40 at each end and slid the cable back and forth a few times before reassembly :)

Back