Temperature!!!!!

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Ok so i was driving home this morning after a very long nightshift... tired / sort of on auto pilot.
looked at my clocks and the temp gauge was well over the red marker and compleatly vertical... so in a blind panic i stopped thinking maybe id blown the head?
but no leaks
no (hot smell)
no cream under oil cap
plenty of coolant in expansion tank
so i made the choice to carry on only about 3 miles left to go...
got home fine still non of the above...
whilst driving into work tonight i pressed the reset on the clock instead of the mile trip... and something strange happened.
my temp went down to a normal running temperature... but only if i how the clock button in on the dash does anyone have a clue why? or have had the same problem?

frank

Club Member
same thing happens on mine. I just give the dashboard a tap and it goes back to normal.
heh :) my tacho/super s dash used to do that lol, i wiggled the plugs and checked the circuit board etc, but it still did it about 3 times a week, then it simply stopped doing it about 2 months ago *touches wood*

OP
OP
MicraPRO

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
Yh unplugged it today with no difference I'm thinking super S dial conversion anyways :) after all its is a 1.3 so shouldn't be too much of an issue,
Not sure about sensor fault could be tho I'll put that on my to do list for now.