• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

SU carbed k10

But is it? The turbo in a drawthrough doesnt 'drag' the mixture through the carb does it?
It can do. They work under atmospheric pressure fuel push. A turbo gives you vacuum pull.
As you climb rpm on na the 'scavenge' effect draws air in at a constant increasing rate iirc
Boosted engines draw air at a higher rate as boost increases. Creating a vacuum pull :)

Sorry padraicR but we seem to have gotten a little carried away with our discussion in your thread :oops: Hopefully some of it is useful ;)

It can do. They work under atmospheric pressure fuel push. A turbo gives you vacuum pull.
As you climb rpm on na the 'scavenge' effect draws air in at a constant increasing rate iirc
Boosted engines draw air at a higher rate as boost increases. Creating a vacuum pull :)

Ok, that makes sense to me, though my head is starting to hurt...:oops:

dont be sorry its great to have somebody to tell me all this ! swirl tank it is with this idea :p it doesnt seem like too much work , how big should it be? ( no immature responces please :p lol )

125UniSwirlplain_zps4492a2ab.jpg

The small nipple should be at the bottom.
The bottom pipe is in
The top pipe is out
Bottom should be a bowl shape. Not too big at the top

Well, much as I have enjoyed our discussion tonight gents, it has frazzled my brain somewhat so for now, as the dragons would say, I'm out!
Cheers peeps :)

Thanks for that picture , my only concer would be if the out put is higher than the input il have to find another way to raise the carb higher than the turbo , thanks a million chaps your educating me more than i have been all year :p lol speaking of im also out , more exams tomorrrow , thanks again for your help !

Sorry but I'm yet to be convinced :oops:
When I was first told by an old boy I thought he was having me on. The inside of those things aren't smooth so they cause turbulence which in turn atomises fuel.
Thats why we port polish to create smooth flow but leave very small amount of a coarse surface (smooth to touch) above the inlet valve. For last minute atomisation before entering the combustion chamber

You dont have to fully atomise fuel but it burns more efficiently (more power) when it is :)

Good point ! Just wonder why more dont go for this set up in that case ! Better not think about this too much or might get second thoughts :p

I think it's purely down to the fact that most cars are fuel injected tbh.

You tube draw thru turbo and theres some cool videos but i found one or two of a vw golf EFI running draw thru ? :eek: baffles me i would have sworn it wouldnt of worked with EFI, i feel way more confident about this set up , it works its just old technology :p apearently some old mustangs ran it standard from factory

Not sure on the efi thing but yes, some cars left the factory with a drawthrough setup. I still wanna do this, see how cheap I can do it :D

Haha director. I feel bad he put all that work in to not follow it through

Well the obvious is a dump valve. They always go between inlet and turbo. So the pressure can be "dumped" and not backing through the turbo. Not dumping pressure causes turbo flutter
Its more essential for you as your carb is right there

Back