• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

SU carbed k10

Hmmmm , evens if it required more work to get on , diesel turbo could be got very cheap or if i ask my uncle maybe for free ,
diesel turbo,s tend to be about 2/5ths smaller per cc, so a 2.2 D one is about the same size as a 1.3 P one, and you need a wastegated one and not a VNT one :)

Hmm , ill keep looking with a wide range in mind! T25 would probably be ideal
it just depends what sort of powerband you want really, my little vauxhall 1.7D one had a hell of a kick low down, but ran out of puff @ 4 to 5k, and the big wrx td05 was all top-end, but this current one is perfect for a daily driver :)

Jus to throw my thoughts in the mix, td04 I had on my ma10 was sweeeeeeeeeet! Power from 2k onwards and beyond

I like it. If you spot a subaru td04/5 give me a shout :)
Lately subaru td04 's are like sr20's at the moment , everyone seems to want one ! I knew of a huge subaru breaker who has oodles of em , and he said he is all out of td04's because of galanza's and 1.3 starlet conversions ! Ill give you a shout but if its over here thats not much use to you

Ill keep an eye out for two, but what could i do about the exhaust output side of turbo ? Like this ? Are all td04s like this ?
yze9ubur.jpg

It sure is, i have a few ads lined up im going to ring in another hour , will i have no choice but to make a dump pipe for the turbo ?

Oh ha , that'll buy a lot :p hahah ill ask anyways ill be in england two weekends away so i did find one cheap i could bring it over myself and manage something from there ,

right , turbo sourced ! just have to collect it after or during quiet day in exams :D
t25 off an sr20, good value, plus the rebuild kits including carb seal kit are quite cheap for t25
ideal!

well you can get recirculating blow off valve's and thats what i was looking into? im completely wrong amnt i?
my diesel recirc valve acts just like a bov really, but it does,nt fully seal @ idle like a bov should (it seals as soon as a little bit of boost is gained)
i think a bov should only open when you jerk the throttle shut (the increase of vacuum that spikes when the throttle is snapped shut)
and a diesel recirc valve has to handle hot exhaust gasses, so petrol fumes wont hurt it :)

nope i agree with Ade now..... when the throttle closes boost will drop itself,
Correct, because the throttle plate is before the turbo, not after it, it's not like suddenly slamming the door on the boost, which is why a BOV is normally used, to give the excess boost an escape.

my diesel recirc valve acts just like a bov really, but it does,nt fully seal @ idle like a bov should (it seals as soon as a little bit of boost is gained)
i think a bov should only open when you jerk the throttle shut (the increase of vacuum that spikes when the throttle is snapped shut)
and a diesel recirc valve has to handle hot exhaust gasses, so petrol fumes wont hurt it :)
Is this basically a diesel EGR valve then frank?

i have trouble finding any diesel recirc valves on the likes of ebay, what exactly am i searching for ? maybe im wrong but is that an EGR valve ?

Someone slap me on the head! Iv done so much work with EGR valves before , and never put all this together :/ i feel rediculous !

Back