Stupid insurance company

jacb_1978

Ex. Club Member
Was looking at getting Alloy wheels for the car and thought I'd better ring up my insurance company to see if it'll change and apparent any changes to the wheel size is unacceptable to HSBC. grr grr

The guy at my insurance broker (swinton) said he had found another company that would cover it but it would mean going from £750 a year to £1380 a year which is a bit steep just for adding Alloy wheels lol

I pay my insurance monthly by direct debit can I switch insurance companies before my renewal date?

get a quote and see how much cheaper it is with elephant, dont forget the 2 extra women drivers (older 40+) use someone next door or a work colleuge lol, then go from there

they may still want the 12 months insurance off you if you cancel.

As, you're not paying for monthly cover, you're paying monthly for annual cover.

So, it's like getting it on credit, you're still contracted to pay for the 12 months.

Ring them and ask if you can cancel your policy. You could say your selling the car and insurance is no longer needed. A penalty for breaking the contract early would probably be another months instalment but they shouldn't charge you for the whole year. Most people don't usually switch providers mid contract, and all insurers are different, so they'd be the ones who know!

When you pay for your car insurance monthly, you take out a loan agreement with credit agency, you'll have a copy of what you signed in your documents with details of this.

Thus being a loan, this will need to be paid off before you can cancel your policy, so if you have x months remaining, you will need to pay that off.

I wanted to cancel with Flux, but I would have had to pay over £250 to do so, so I just waited out the remaining months until my renewal came through.

flux stung me with £1100 (of £1700) policy cos i wanted to cancel, they then stuck on another £700 penalty.

thats was more than the car was worth by a loooong way.

i hate flux..

Back