New Throttle Body...

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Well, a few weeks after i wrote the throttle body resoldering guide, i realised the improvements i thought i got was just me hoping i got better fuel consumption (my TB was fine already). Well now i have another throttle body (long story) and now i have classic TB Symptons. Stalling or stuttering when depressing clutch/taking out of gear, hesitation whilst holding speed + accelerating and running full rich intermitently when holding speed, when it used to run in the fuel saving loop mode. So i guess my guide will really be put to the test now hey :D hahaha,

just finished putting the RTV silicone stuff on, waiting for that to dry up. Also need to properly set the idle with the throttle potentimeter (spelling???) plug disconnected. Its a very windy rainy day today, unsure if i'll go for test drive tonight, will post up results/conclusion

Alex

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
****e I feel bad Alex as I sold it to you but must admit it can off the the spare motor/gearbox/ ECU/ wiring loom I bought and I had never used it.
Just hope it goes okay now. It does work as when I bought Whitey it developed the same symptons but after the resolder it was fine.
If still no good let me know.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
gee this weather has really put the brakes on the drying time for the Silicone, hah. Its still wet this morning, so called cure in 1hr dry in 24hrs.

Will starting the engine and putting some heat through it be worse or better?

Alex

might get out the hair dryer

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Get out the hair dryer. Is it raining up there. Lol.
Drought down here and temps are way above normal. 35 in Hobart yesterday!!
25 here today. We will be dropping like flies in a cloud of Mortein.
I will not sleep until you tell us its 100%.

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
should be right snoopy, current one has only stalled once > still gets me around, besides your an entire tanks of fuel away :p which reminds me i need to find the manual for the haltech.

Started her up, set idle properly. Seems to idle strangley, dosn't always return to the same spot. Cold start is too high, might have to adjust that down when its cold again,

will give it a run tomorrow,

Alex

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
forgt to follow tis up. For some odd reason the car stalls with the potentiometer disconnected, which made it really hard too set the idle properly (readjusted potentiometer to nissan spec with multimeter, didn't do anything noticable). But otherwise the soldering has fixed everything, big drive tomorrow and friday to uni so will how we go.

Alex

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
HaHarr, OMG!

Since resoldering the TB and setting the Idle/TPS all properly i am getting the best economy ever, i haev never gotten economy like this,

last tank was 595km to 34Lt of petrol or 5.71L/100Km

bloody fantastic david!

Alex

CMF_ukzmisr

» CMF Member
Alex, I own a K11 micra engine CG13DE, can you post up the various instuctions for setting the idle speed from the service manual you are working from. I was not aware that one could adjust the idle speed using a multimeter. I set my idle speed just by listening to the engine since my car does not have a tacho and I do not have a seperate tachometer.

Thanks

"forgt to follow tis up. For some odd reason the car stalls with the potentiometer disconnected, which made it really hard too set the idle properly (readjusted potentiometer to nissan spec with multimeter, didn't do anything noticable). But otherwise the soldering has fixed everything, big drive tomorrow and friday to uni so will how we go.<BR><BR>Alex[/quote]

Back