Starter mods for my GX :)

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Want to get my baby a little more responsive, perhaps some better acceleration too.
Have looked at the K&N air filters and forced air intakes, is there anything else I should consider to begin with?

take the cams from a cg13 engine and fit them in yours, as they are more aggressive that the 1.0 ones. there are threads about it.

Alright M'micra I wouldn't mind doing this to my 1.0 but cant find the thread. Is it possible for you to post a link buddy?

:k11green:

Cold air feed.
Janspeed Manifold/Full system.
Bigger injectors?
1.3 Cams.
Just get a 1.3 micra?
Retard/Advance the timing?
ECU Remap?
Turbo?
Lose some weight? (The car, not you)
Lighter fly wheel?
Uprated clutch?

There's more but I guess it depends on how passionate you are to make it faster and how much $$$ you have to cover it all, good luck.

i am currently considerin a remap been told it will cost about 300 for it . i had a k'n'N on my sr and it soundd and looked good but i put the stock airbox system with a sports panel filter in and it doesn't use as much fuel and it goes 10x better alot quiker off the mark but i am lookin at makin up my own intake system i am lookin or a super s /sr front bumper can anyone help me here also i am thinkin of sellin my twin 4inch cat back staimless system with custom back bumper will need front and rear sr/super s bumpers if i do cheers

if your on a budget like me i would suggest
Janspeed Manifold (you could get a used one and weld it to save you some cash ;))
1.3 Cams
centre de-cat
back box

i dont know what these would run like a 1.0 but i know they work well on a 1.3:
ga16 fuel rail
ga16 throttle body

altough these mods on cg13 you would be looking at alot better power figure...if that was the case you could also fit a cg10 flywheel (lighter than the 1.3's) also the gear box...atlough you wouldnt be able to run big power as the 1.0 shafts are weaker than the 1.3's...saying that you wouldnt be running over 150bhp anyway so the shafts should be fine. :)

Brilliant that's perfect :)

Looking at the K&N air filter and induction kit, £30.23 and £68.90. Would these be good buys to begin with? The Janspeed manifold looks like a good buy but can't quite afford £153 as well!

well to be honest i had he k'n'n 57i induction kit and it sounded minted but would drink fuel like a goldfish i went back to a standard airbox system with a sports panel ilter goes better less fuel consumption... i am lookin at the janspeed maifold that is real cheap .

its up to u but i am gettin a new induction kit don't know what one just not k'n'n again they are poor but u would ind a diference . i u r goin for looks and sound i would but for performance what i done is prob the best way don't really know my first try but i am goin for another kit

do u have bebo???

I do but don't use it!
I'm after performance, trying to avoid looks (and sound but that's not really possible) as I don't want to draw attention! Is there something better than that K&N filter then?

well add me and see my car and the engine is there it has changed since that pic but i tried different ways for induction TASHMEED. i am lookin for another kit right now the only thing i suggest is a filter of a 100nx or pulsar is the next best thing ... if u dont want sound or looks sports panel filer not k'n'n keep the airbox system just add a sports filter

standard air box with a filter is quicker than just popping an induction kit on, if you do a top end run you will notice the difference on a 1.3

oh and keep the 13'' wheels on that helps too lol

i noticed with the 57i kit it sounded great and went better top end but for all round standard airbox with sports filter does the job

i put 15s on mine lol but i am keeping the 13s for crail lol

Gonna settle for just the air filter and janspeed manifold and exhaust system for now. Added you on bebo

Back