2 years of driving my 160sr, after quute a few mods.

Thought I'd let people know how my mods turned out.

Have been driving my 160sr for 2 years now. Lowered it, with eibach springs, hated the ride. Replaced shocks with bilstein b8s, still too harsh, so went back to standard Sr springs. Had smaller wheels fitted, with bigger tyres, that helped, but still didn't like ride. Wasn't impressed with stock suspension and wheels either. So ran tyres under inflated for 18 months, which was okay. Started increasing tyre pressure, and a few weeks ago went to full pressure, and now ride is really smooth. Looks like it took the b8s a while to wear in. I'd lost interest at the time, they probably settled in sooner than I tried. Really impressed with handling and ride. Not harsh, and precise handling. Been an unexpected surprise.

Had a stainless cat back fitted, slightly bigger diameter exhaust, quite a large back box, which resulted in a better sound, though not noisy. Took out the air intake pipe/arm from front of car, to where it naturally separates, and just.left it as it was, a large area intake into air box. Also fitted a gan tuning box. Was happy with results, but couldn't tell much about whether there were any power gains. A month or so ago, re set gan, from dynamic to eco. After week, realised car was gutless. Switched back to dynamic. I read the instructions fully this time, and realised i hadn't configured the gan with a hot engine previously. Did so this time, straight after a run in car. Wow, what a difference it made. Better acceleration, torque and smoother running engine. With the other mods, can tell the difference the gan made.

Now car is running and driving better than ever. Just got lazy after mods initially fitted, and didn't initially deliver what I wanted.

Was thinking of changing car, but back to loving the car again.

I prefer the wheel and tyre mods, but possibly not essential. Thing that impresses me most, is the effect of the gan tuning box. Gives a noticeable improvement, when set up correctly.

The b8s are now superb, just took a long time to wear in, as wasnt driving car very far, until last 6 months or so. B8s noticably better than stock shocks on until 37k. Hardly notice pot holes now, unlike with stocks.

Got to where I wanted eventually, in a roundabout way. I'd forgotten how much fun the car is to drive.

Last edited:
... Also fitted a gan tuning box. Was happy with results, but couldn't tell much about whether there were any power gains. A month or so ago, re set gan, from dynamic to eco. After week, realised car was gutless. Switched back to dynamic. I read the instructions fully this time, and realised i hadn't configured the gan with a hot engine previously. Did so this time, straight after a run in car. Wow, what a difference it made. Better acceleration, torque and smoother running engine. With the other mods, can tell the difference the gan made.

Now car is running and driving better than ever. Just got lazy after mods initially fitted, and didn't initially deliver what I wanted...
Moi Lovemy160srtobits!
Please do tell more about this gan tuning box?:unsure:

Back